Position Title: Head Custodian
Reports To: Pastor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Direct Reports: none
Provides work direction to: Volunteers
Receives work direction from: Pastor, Music Coordinator, Faith Formation Director, Parish Office Administrator
This positon is: part time with no benefits. $19-21 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Primary Purpose of Position: Maintain and clean parish facilities and grounds.
General Responsibilities: Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and the purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is expected that all employees respect Roman Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practice of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided. It is not requiredthat this employee be an active participating Roman Catholic.
This person is expected to offer a positive and welcoming response to all who visit the parish facilities and grounds. This person is to always be respectful to the pastor, church staff, and all who are encountered.
- *Cleaning the Church, Fellowship Hall, and School – These facilities should have a regular cleaning; Church and Hall need a weekly cleaning, School building should be cleaned as needed.
- *Maintenance of Parish Grounds – Responsible for lawn mowing and snow removal of all parish facilities. Outside contractors should be utilized as needed for parking lots and driveways. Salt should be used on steps and walkways to keep them free of ice. Cemetery grounds require lawn mowing, ground leveling, grave lot marking, etc)
- *Maintenance of Facilities and Equipment – Minor repairs of exterior and interior facilities and equipment is to be done as needed for all parish property. This may include painting, replacement of light bulbs, replacing burned out candles, changing locks, washing windows, changing of furnace filters, etc. Maintain lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc to keep them in good operating condition. A Building and Maintenance Committee along with the Finance Committee is in place as part of the pastoral Council when major decisions for repairs/purchases are needed.
- Ordering of Supplies – Supplies are to be ordered for the church, school and rectory as needed. Coordinate with parish bookkeeper to order and receive supplies.
- Security of the Facilities – Church is unlocked before each week day Mass at 7:00 am. Church is locked after the weekday Mass. School is locked and unlocked as needed. Responsibility for weekend security may be required at times when volunteers are unavailable.
- *Special Request/Events – Responsible for setting up for funerals, luncheons, parish meetings, and events.
- Includes other or additional responsibilities identified (as needed) by employee and approved and/or assigned by Pastor or Trustees.
The responsibilities listed above are representative responsibilities intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by staff members assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required of the position.
The responsibilities preceded by ‘*’ are essential functions of the position.
- A pre-employment physical will be required
- Must have a current Boiler’s License or be willing to obtain one
- High School degree is required as a minimum
- Must be hard-working, organized, flexible, reliable, and have mechanical aptitude for maintenance/repair
- Desirable to have strong communication skills
- Be able to plan ahead for best use of time
- Be courteous to others
- Be able to manage a number of tasks at one time
- Be able to complete tasks when interrupted
- If required or needed, attend training classes to improve skills, i.e. Annual Insurance Seminar
- Have a servant attitude; serving the pastor, staff, and parishioners
- Ability to lead groups of volunteers to complete large tasks, i.e. annual church cleaning, setup and take down of seasonal decorations, lawn care and maintenance of cemetery, setup and takedown of parish functions
- Ability to identify areas of concern for repairs and maintenance
- Ability to contact and work with/direct outside vendors
- The ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- The ability to climb tall ladders and go into places of high elevation to repair
- The ability to work extended hours for snow removal, special events, etc
- The ability to work in confined spaces, i.e. school tunnels
Organizational Name: St. Boniface Catholic Church
Organizational City: St. Bonifacius, MN
Position Contact Name: Fr. Peter Hughes
Position Contact Title: Parochial Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Benefits: Not Included
Salary / Range: $19-21/hr
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyEmail Resume to FrPeter@SaintBoni.org
1113 total views, 1 today