Part-Time Coro Latino Music Director
St. Odilia has an immediate opening for the part-time position of Coro Latino Music Director. This position will serve our growing Latino community by organizing and directing volunteers in our Latino Music Ministry for worship in Spanish at our Sunday Spanish Mass and other bilingual Masses as scheduled. The Music Director will help the community express and share their gift of joyful faith and with nourish and strengthen their faith commitment. The director has the responsibility to encourage and develop volunteers to serve in this ministry as well as encouraging active participation of the entire faith community in the liturgy through music.
This is a 12 month, part-time position. The schedule includes a rehearsal calendar, Sunday and Holy Day Masses, bilingual Masses as scheduled and monthly worship music in support of Latino formation events prior to Sunday Mass.
The complete position description will be posted on the St. Odilia website: www.stodilia.org under the ‘Our Parish/Careers’ tabs.
Representative responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares the music for the parish liturgy in Spanish.
- Collaborates with staff and Worship Team.
- Prepares and facilitates the planning and music for all Holy and feast Day celebrations where the Spanish Mass is celebrated and collaborates with the Liturgical Music Director for music where a Bilingual Mass is celebrated.
- Researches music & copyrights and creates song lists for music ministers & slide preparers
- Operates the digital sound board with I-Pad, including set-up/tear-down of equipment
- Promotes the role of volunteer music ministers, encouraging and developing a wide range of volunteers in order to build a strong music ministry team within the Latino community.
- Arranges for substitute musicians in the event of absence.
- Provides worship music as scheduled for Latino formation events.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications: • Proficient Spanish speaker, preferably bilingual (Spanish/English), with the ability to receive and communicate work direction in English. • Experienced instrumentalist on guitar or piano or other accompanying instrument • Experience directing/training a Latino ensemble/choir and preparing music for Bilingual services • Experience with recruiting, training and supporting volunteer music ministers • Knowledge and experience of the Catholic liturgy, especially in Spanish with at least three years of experience in the Catholic Liturgical Cycles A, B & C • Computer skills necessary to communicate with parish staff and volunteer music ministers The successful candidate’s hire will be contingent on a satisfactory report from standard Archdiocesan background check.
Organizational Name: Church of St. Odilia
Organizational City: Shoreview, MN
Position Contact Name: Dave Barkhymer
Position Contact Title: Liturgical Music Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: Not Included
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyThe complete position description and application instructions are posted on the St. Odilia website: www.stodilia.org under the ‘Our Parish/Careers’ tabs. Applicant screening and interviews will begin as applications are received. Send your resume and cover letter to Dave Barkhymer, Liturgical Music Director, Church of St. Odilia, 3495 Victoria Street, Shoreview, MN 55126 or email email@example.com.
694 total views, 7 today