Part-Time Coordinator of Youth Ministry
The Purpose of this position is to direct, implement, and oversee the ministry aspects of the parish youth programming. The Coordinator of Youth Ministry and the Director of Faith Formation collaborate to fulfill the Mission of the Parish in regards to youth formation, building upon the existing structures. This position is responsible for developing a comprehensive youth ministry for grades 6-12 under the direction of the Director of Faith Formation. The Coordinator’s role is to form young people to be strong catholic leaders in their parish and community. This includes, but is not limited to, directing peer ministry, conversion opportunities, retreats, missions, outreach, service and other youth events. Great people and communication skills are essential for the success of this position. This position requires a practicing Catholic.
- Implement a comprehensive youth ministry program and establish programs and activities that will achieve this (including weekend and summer ministry opportunities)
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Faith Formation
- Oversee, develop, and manage ministry opportunities including resources, events, and scheduling
- Update any existing programming to improve effectiveness
- Arrange for sites and transportation for different ministry opportunities
- Be an advocate for youth both in and outside of the parish
- Recruit, train, and supervise adult and teen volunteers and peer ministers
- Provide adequate training, supervision, and guidance according to parish, archdiocesan, and catholic mutual policies
- Responsible for administrative functions related to Youth Ministry including:
- Budgeting and fiscal responsibility
- Communicate and coordinate programs and events with the Parish Staff, parents, and parish community
- Participate in staff and parish meetings as required
- Comply with insurance guidelines for all designated programs
- Maintain effective working relationships with all of the Parish Staff and involved parishioners
- Arrange for necessary safe environment requirements
- Participate in relational ministry as needed including:
- Creating and taking advantage of opportunities to interact with both youth and the parents of youth
- Collaborate, as appropriate, with all Faith Formation programs, for continuity and necessary transitions
- Pastoral problems and conflicts, providing mentoring and pastoral ministry as needed to both adults and youth
- Attend parish liturgies and related parish events
- Attend special school events and sport functions when possible and as asked by teens
This list of specific responsibilities is not intended to be inclusive but is intended to be representative in nature. Other specific items will arise in the course of time that will fall within the above general categories, and will become part of the Youth Coordinator’s duties as long as they are within the scope of the responsibilities for this position.
Be a practicing Catholic with a sound understanding of Sacred Tradition, Sacred Scripture, and the Magisterium.
Live a basic lifestyle consistent with Church teachings, so as to be a role model for the youth.
College graduate with background in Theology, Youth Ministry, Catechesis, Catholic Studies, or equivalent preferred
Desire to help lead the youth of the Parish to pursue a life of Spirit-filled holiness through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ within the community of the Catholic Church.
Willingness to lead off-site weekend retreats and off-site week-long missions/camps each year.
Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing (as well as in front of a crowd).
Sound organizational skills with the ability to coordinate a complex variety of programs.
Organizational Name: St. John the Baptist
Organizational City: Excelsior
Position Contact Name: Taylor Gruber
Position Contact Title: Director of Faith Formation
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-474-8868
Benefits: Information Not Provided
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Not Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyPlease email resume and cover letter to Taylor Gruber at email@example.com
564 total views, 2 today