Full-Time Coordinator of Youth Discipleship and Formation
The Catholic Community of St. Odilia is a growing, thriving community of disciples of Jesus Christ. We are seeking a proven leader to join our vibrant parish faith formation ministry. As the Coordinator of Youth Discipleship and Formation, you will create a culture of missionary discipleship for youth and young adults. We welcome all and provide opportunities for every person to grow in holiness and draw closer to Jesus Christ – every day and at every stage of life.
The Coordinator of Youth Discipleship and Formation has the responsibility for the implementation of parish education and formation programs for youth and their families that are based on sound Catholic theology in response to Pope Francis’ invitation to ‘become and form Missionary Disciples’. The Coordinator is primary responsible for the Confirmation program (grades 7-8), High School catechetical programming, Youth Ministry for grades 6-12 and young adult ministry.
The successful candidate will have a passion for missionary discipleship; a desire to share the joy of the Gospel with others; be experienced in the use of technology for program delivery and communication; and have the ability to lead a diverse, bilingual team.
- Establish an overall plan to form intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through an integrated program of faith formation and overall parish programming for youth grades 7-12.
- Provide youth ministry opportunities for youth in grades 6-12.
- Oversee confirmation program for all youth in parish and school.
- Provide ministry opportunities for young adults.
- Design, recruit, implement, supervise and support a core team for youth ministry.
- Provide opportunities for families of youth to engage in service and community gathering.
- Develop, oversee and implement curriculum materials and program delivery for youth enrolled in the confirmation program. Assure that all materials meet Archdiocesan standards, utilizing the National Directory for Catechesis.
- Recruit, train and equip catechists and other volunteers for effective formation and evangelization, demonstrating spiritual care for catechists by offering opportunities for formation.
- Lead weekly confirmation program (grades 7-8) on Wednesday evening and Sunday morning.
- Develop, plan and lead several all confirmation large group Confirmation sessions with students, sponsors and parents.
- Collaborate with grade 8 school teachers with confirmation curriculum.
- Provide retreat opportunities.
- Develop, implement, supervise and support a core team for youth ministry.
- Lead weekly youth group ministry with core team.
- Collaborate with school staff to develop formation opportunities for our youth and their parents, seeking to create opportunities to integrate the school community into the life and mission of the parish.
- Organize and coordinate summer opportunities for youth ministry.
High School Catechesis
- Develop, implement, supervise and support a program of post confirmation catechesis for high school age youth.
Young Adult Ministry
Work with volunteers to create opportunities for ministry for young adults (ages 18-35).
Job Qualifications: 1. B.A. in theology, Catholic Studies, Religious Education, or related field required. 2. Three years of experience working in parish Faith Formation programs or Catholic School. 3. Knowledgeable of Church documents that pertain to catechesis, especially the General Directory for Catechesis, the National Directory for Catechesis, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. 4. Practicing Roman Catholic. 5. Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check. 6. Excellent computer and communication skills. 7. Ability to develop, implement and evaluate catechetical programs. 8. Ability to recruit, train and supervise volunteers. 9. Ability to collaborate and work well with staff, volunteers, youth and parents. 10. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Organizational Name: Catholic Community of St. Odilia
Organizational City: Shoreview, MN
Position Contact Name: Jill Fink
Position Contact Title: Director of Discipleship and Formation
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651.415.3331
Deadline: June 15, 2020
Salary / Range: commensurate with qualifications
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplySend cover letter, resume and references to Jill Fink, Director of Discipleship and Formation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651.415.3331. The complete position description will be posted on the St. Odilia website: www.stodilia.org under the ‘Our Parish/Careers’ tabs.
586 total views, 4 today