Part-Time Coordinator of Family Catechesis
The primary responsibility of this position includes:
- Lead Family Catechesis on the second Wednesday of the month from 6:30pm-8:15pm, September through May.
- Coordinate registration process for Family Catechesis: Bulletin notices, collection of fees, preparing curriculum, and catechist interviews.
- Before Family Catechesis events, open the building, set up rooms, and provide materials.
- After Family Catechesis events, close the building, make sure all lights are off and doors are locked. Assist teachers in need of straightening their class area.
- Meet with the Pastor in mid-summer to plan the Family Catechesis Program for the year.
- Review with the Pastor monthly themes, lesson plans, and evening schedule.
- Assist Catechists with curriculum, teaching materials, and schedule.
- Be present for and coordinate special Wednesday sessions: Confirmation workshop (Gifts of the Holy Spirit talk by clergy), First Reconciliation workshop, and First Holy Communion workshop. These events usually occur in January, February, and April, respectively.
- Contact homeschool families and those within Family Catechesis who have children making their First Holy Communion and provide necessary information. Include Home School families as well as families in Family Catechesis.
- Monthly, collect homework lessons from catechists and email information to families in the program.
- Take inventory of books and catechetical items and order materials as needed.
- Implement required VIRTUS lessons for students and work with Safe Environment Coordinator to meet Archdiocesan policies especially regarding background checks and VIRTUS training for volunteers.
- Contact families of Confirmation Candidates (not attending our school) and provide all necessary information needed for their child to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. This includes Home School families, as well as families in Family Catechesis.
- Communicate with Saint Agnes teacher responsible for school Confirmation preparation regarding confirmation date and any special situations.
- Administer and correct Confirmation test (usually given three weeks before Confirmation) and advise Pastor of any students who have done poorly.
- Assist in preparing for the actual day of Confirmation (names, roster, seating chart, etc.) and be present at the conferral, usually in February.
- Communicate with Saint Agnes School teacher responsible for First Holy Communion Sacramental program. Assist in First Communion Retreat, and Mass celebration for First Communion. (First Holy Communion is normally on the Saturday following the second Wednesday of May.)
- Collect required baptismal certificates before the conferral of the other sacraments of initiation.
- Assist parish secretary with sacramental records by preparing the necessary information from the recipients of the sacraments.
- At conclusion of the year hand out Parent Survey, communicate one last time with families, file yearly records and meet with Pastor to review the year’s program.
- Catechetical training and background.
- Possess the ability to follow directions and work without supervision.
- Possess the ability to provide clear and accurate direction.
- Possess proficient organizational and communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with volunteers.
- Exhibit promptness and dependability.
- Able to go up and down steps
- Able to walk, stand, sit, kneel or bend as needed.
Organizational Name: Church of Saint Agnes
Organizational City: Saint Paul, MN
Position Contact Name: Fr. Mark Moriarty
Position Contact Title: Pastor & Superintendent
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: July 19, 2019
Benefits: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyPlease send a résumé, cover letter, and references to Fr. Mark Moriarty: email@example.com
161 total views, 1 today