Essential (E) and Non-Essential/Marginal (M) Duties:
Responsible for all food preparation in compliance with recognized standards, Home policies and in the spirit of Jeanne Jugan.
- Prepare consistently good quality and appetizingly attractive meals as programmed by the Dietician, and on schedule.
- Maintain established portion control.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and use only approved substitutes.
- Follow standard recipes and make independent decisions regarding methods of food preparation.
- Bake, roast, stew and steam-cook meat, fish and poultry according to recipes; baste to retain flavor; taste cooked food to determine if properly cooked and seasoned.
- Make gravies, stocks, dressings, sauces and soups.
- Prepare special therapeutic diets as specified by the Dietician and dietary manager.
- Avoid waste by utilizing foods and leftovers imaginatively.
- Carve trim and slice meats and poultry skillfully.
Job Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience High School diploma/GED and two years or more similar work experience, including institutional cooking or equivalent specialized training; knowledge of meat cutting. Knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation and food safety. Skills and Abilities Willing to support, promote and model the core philosophy of the Little Sisters of the Poor in the spirit of Jeanne Jugan. Spirit of respect and cooperation, in order to create a home-like atmosphere conducive to promoting the wellness of each individual resident. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse population. Good listening and interpersonal skills and strong work ethic. Effective time management and ability to work with minimal direction, independently while in close cooperation with other team members. Ability to work constructively with co-workers, dietary manager and Dietician.
Organizational Name: Little Sisters of the Poor
Organizational City: St. Paul
Position Contact Name: Jennifer Doyle
Position Contact Title: HR Director
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651.227.0336
Salary / Range: $15.49 per hour
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
305 total views, 4 today