Little Sisters of the Poor is a 5-star rated long term care facility for the elderly poor. We have openings for two Full Time Cooks. Shifts include 6:30am to 3pm and 10:30am to 7pm and include every other weekend.
Responsible for all food preparation in compliance with recognized standards, Home policies and in the spirit of Jeanne Jugan.
- Prepare consistently good quality and appetizingly attractive meals as programmed by the dietician, and on schedule.
- Maintain established portion control.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and use only approved substitutes.
- See that supplies are obtained from storage areas in adequate time for meal production.
- Follow standard recipes and make independent decisions regarding methods of food preparation.
- Bake, roast, stew and steam-cook meat, fish and poultry according to recipes; baste to retain flavor; taste cooked food to determine if properly cooked and seasoned.
- Make gravies, stocks, dressings, sauces and soups.
- Prepare special therapeutic diets as specified by the dietician and dietary manager.
- Avoid waste by utilizing foods and leftovers imaginatively.
- Carve trim and slice meats and poultry skillfully.
- Abide by all home safety, fire and emergency procedures.
- Comply with established sanitary standards and report to supervisor violations of these regulations.
Provide support for the dietary department.
- Receive and process donations as needed.
- Assist in daily and scheduled cleaning duties and care of equipment.
- Attend required meetings and training.
Job Qualifications: High School diploma/GED and two years or more similar work experience, including institutional cooking or equivalent specialized training; knowledge of meat cutting. Knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation and food safety
Organizational Name: LIttle Sisters of the Poor
Organizational City: St. Paul
Position Contact Name: Jennifer Doyle
Position Contact Title: HR Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651.227.0336
Salary / Range: $15.49 an hour
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to email@example.com
193 total views, 3 today