Full-Time Communications Coordinator
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Manage, update and keep current the website. Work with all staff and parish groups to keep all pages on the website up to date and relevant.
- Manage our YouTube, Facebook, SnapChat, Twitter and all other social media platforms & facilitate student and parish group leadership and participation as needed.
- Serve as the technical director for all live streaming and video ministry activities
- Maintain and keep organized all photos. Work with students to guide and direct them on the types of photos we need them to be providing, keep organized and make available all photos for use by the Director of Development.
- Create the weekly bulletin (or equivalent communication) for both print and electronic forms
- Help maintain the web site calendar
- Prepare funeral service programs
- Help update the parish membership contact information across all communication platforms. Each staff person assists in making sure that as we hear of changes in contact information, that all communicate those changes immediately to all stake holders.
- Assist with providing parish records as needed.
- Maintain and update the bulletin boards.
- Participate in the Archdiocesean communications association.
- Work with the Business Administrator to serve as a backup on the accounting processes and building management functions with the potential that this position could be a feeder position to the role of Business Administrator.
- Answering phones and greeting guests and vendors to the parish is expected of all administrative staff.
- The role includes additional tasks identified (as needed) by the Pastor or Business Administrator
Job Qualifications: This position serves as the overall manager of our various forms of communication including, audio, video, web-based, social media, website, and print. They will be responsible for ensuring that all parish groups are using the brand correctly and are adhering to best practices for the materials they create themselves. This role will also work closely with the Director of Development to connect the development needs with various communications platforms and serve as a partner to ensure consistent messaging to all constituents. This position reports to the Business Administrator and will also serve as a backup on overall parish administrative functions. All activities will be focused on delivering the mission to share the abundant love of Christ as a university Catholic parish. • The successful candidate for this position would have not only a clear understanding of the teachings of the Church but also can demonstrate that they live their faith. • A proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, MS Publisher, Power Point and social media platforms such as but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, YouTube, etc. • Excellent written and oral communications skills • Highly organized and detail oriented • Undergraduate degree preferred • 2 – 3 years related experience which could include volunteer work • Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality • Excellent rapport and relationships with parishioners, parish staff and parish volunteers • The ability to work with minimum supervision and direction • Active listening – Give full attention to those who need assistance, taking time to understand requests, asking questions as appropriate and offering the appropriate support • Background check completed and clear of incidence • Time management – Discern the appropriate amount of time to devote to the many varied tasks and individuals that need support
Organizational Name: St. Lawrence Newman Center
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Rochelle Shirk
Position Contact Title: Business Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 612-331-7941
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyPlease send an email outlining why you are right for this position and attach a copy of your resume.
1733 total views, 2 today