Part-Time Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Coordinator
The Church of St. Peter is looking for a Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Coordinator to oversee and coordinate the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) faith formation program for young children from age 3 – Grade 2. The position would work approximately 15 hours/week.
The responsibilities would include:
- Coordinate the religious education instruction for the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd students age 3-Grade 2, including the established Wednesday night program and school CGS program
- Oversee and serve as a teacher in the Catechesis of the Good Shepard program
- Serve as a resource to volunteer CGS catechists; host in-services as required
- Clean and organize all three atriums
- Check paperwork in all atriums and refill as
- Repair any broken/missing items – as needed
- Wash prayer table cloths and rags used weekly
- Take home prayer table cloths and iron before needed for change in liturgical season.
- Purchase items needed for the atrium like candles, colored pencils, paper, cleaning supplies as well as seasonal items for Pentecost/Easter etc.
- Set up atriums for change in liturgical season. Larger set-ups needed for Advent, Celebration of Light (after Christmas), Lent, Liturgy of the Light (after Easter) and Pentecost.
- Create booklets/materials needed for new work being brought into the atrium
- Check in with catechists to make sure they have everything they need for their classes and troubleshoot any problems the catechists see in the atrium.
- Train school service students to help with the paperwork and organization of the atriums
- Assist the Faith Formation Coordinator with liturgical celebrations for the Faith Formation program
- Assist the Faith Formation Coordinator with the preparation of students for the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Sacrament of First Eucharist
General Work Schedule
- Tuesdays: 8 hours (During Parish Office Hours of 8:30am-4:30pm)
- Wednesday Late Afternoon & Evening
- Saturday/Sunday-As needed to attend/assist with Parent Retreats, Advent Family Event, Lenten Family Event, and 2nd Grade Sacraments and their Sacramental Retreats
Job Qualifications: Experience and Training in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd required (Level II B preferred) Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic tradition and its gift of sacraments A willingness to pursue continuing education Ability to work effectively with students and parents Experience in education and curriculum development preferred
Organizational Name: Church of St. Peter
Organizational City: North St Paul
Position Contact Name: Tricia Engemuhle
Position Contact Title: Business Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Benefits: Not Included
Salary / Range: $18-$23/hr
Setting: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: 1,001-2,000
How to ApplyTo apply please submit cover letter and resume via email to Fr. Ettore Ferrario, Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Tricia Hengemuhle, Business Administrator, at email@example.com.
299 total views, 1 today