Part-Time Care and Support Coordinator
Pax Christi Catholic Community is seeking to hire a part-time Care and Support Coordinator to work cooperatively with the Director of Care and Support Ministry and Pastor to offer effective pastoral ministry in keeping with the mission of Pax Christi, which includes creating an inclusive, safe, nurturing environment for all. An ideal candidate will have strong relational skills, keen attention to detail for record-keeping and administrative duties, as well as the ability to multitask due to the variable nature of pastoral ministry. The nature of this position requires a strong confidentiality ethic.
Hours 8:30-3:30 Monday-Thursday. 26 hours a week. Evenings or weekends are rare, but may be needed at times.
- Receiving and responding to prayer wall requests.
- Manage and maintain Care and Support database.
- Record funeral planning details during initial intake with pastor and follow-up on funeral planning, including potential hospitality.
- Maintain proper inventory of resource material and prepare mailings as needed.
- Perform necessary administrative duties to ensure accurate documentation of services provided by staff or volunteers and provide timely statistical and activity reports.
- Be responsible for, or act as liaison, to various ministries or events such as our Card Care Ministry and Southwest Grief Coalition.
- Assist the Director of Care and Support Ministry with existing and other newly formed ministries to support the aging, sick, and dying, including Southwest Grief Coalition and care center presence.
- Develop and implement accurate volunteer ministry descriptions and manuals when needed.
- Serve as staff liaison for room reservations, supplies, and promotional material for select Care and Support Ministries.
- Provide backup to the director for pastoral calls.
- Previous experience in working in faith-based settings.
- Previous experience in working with or managing adult volunteers, with the ability to empower, affirm, and collaborate with a multitude of volunteers.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficient in time management skills and possess active non-judgmental listening skills.
- Trained in the use of applications such as Microsoft Word, parish database software, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Holistic approach to ministry.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to hold accountability to a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, and receptive to change.
Organizational Name: Pax Christi Catholic Community
Organizational City: Eden Prairie, MN
Position Contact Name: Jean Thoresen
Position Contact Title: Director of Care and Support Ministry
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 952-405-7211
Deadline: July 6
Benefits: Not Included
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyApply via email with a cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for this position and attach your resume. Send to Jean Thoresen, Director of Care and Support Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org
633 total views, 19 today