Part-Time Business Administrator
It is a three day work position. The time and days of working can be negotiable.
Primary Objectives of this Position:
- Support the mission of St. Pascal Regional Catholic School with specific responsibility for financial, human resource and operational functions.
- Provide timely support to requests from the Principal, Canonical Administrator and Board of Directors.
- Participate as an active member of the school’s leadership team, working closely with other members of the team and other school employees, volunteers and parents to accomplish the school’s mission.
- Conduct the business and financial affairs of the school and related programs in a professional, ethical, efficient and organized manner, ensuring that the school’s policies and procedures are in accordance with Archdiocesan guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors, Principal and Director of Advancement to ensure that all donor gifts and grants are stewarded and tracked per the donor’s intent.
- Arrange for an annual, independent financial audit or “Agreed Upon Procedures” review as recommended and respond appropriately to all findings and recommendations.
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations of the school including maintenance of the general ledger, receivables, payables, expense accounts, payroll, and cash management.
- In conjunction with the school principal and school board, develop and maintain an annual school budget.
- Assist the school board in the development of a long-range budget.
- Prepare and provide monthly financial reporting (including statements of activity, financial position and cash flow) and analysis to the Principal, Canonical Administrator and school board.
- Facilitate the collection of past due tuition accounts.
- Prepare staff payroll.
- Conduct financial trend analysis and develop financial plans.
- Act as the liaison with the Archdiocese and other church entities regarding financial issues.
- Advise the principal on personnel issues as they pertain to Archdiocesan policies and procedures.
- Advise the principal in the development and implementation of personnel policies.
- Administer a filing system including legal, personnel, employment, payroll, insurance and other records.
- Implement mandatory Federal, State and Church policies and procedures that impact on moral and ethical personnel standards (e.g., staff and volunteer background checks, treatment of vulnerable adults and youth, child protection reporting requirements, sexual harassment/misconduct, insurance liabilities, etc.). Ensure compliance with these laws and policies in all programs.
- Publish an employee handbook. Review the handbook on not less than an annual basis and recommend changes as appropriate. Ensure that personnel policies and procedures comply with the Archdiocesan Justice in Employment guidelines.
- Assist the Principal and other staff in hiring school employees. Review staffing needs and make appropriate recommendations, including compensation levels and guidelines to ensure just and equitable compensation.
- Ensure all positions, including volunteers where appropriate, have proper and current job descriptions.
- Ensure all personnel files contain all required information and that files are reviewed and purged of unnecessary information at least annually.
- Maintain all legal and personnel records (except individual performance records which may be maintained by the Principal).
- Oversee technology, phone system, computers/network and all information technology ensuring safety of all students/staff and equipment.
- Oversee contracts, equipment purchases, maintenance agreements, bids, and monitor compliance with all environmental, safety and health regulations.
- Attend school board meetings, weekly administrative team meetings, faculty committee meetings and special school events when requested by the principal.
- Perform other work as requested by the Principal, School Board or Canonical Administrator.
General Responsibilities for all Employees of Saint Pascal Regional Catholic School
- Be present where needed, ready to work and on time for all scheduled work hours, including recognizing when situation require more time and effort, satisfying all responsibilities in a timely manner, acting with a sense of urgency to meet targeted deadlines or requests, providing an example of punctuality, attendance, adherence to administrative policy and procedure.
- Support a positive working environment for change through actions, words and attitude; gain familiarity and understanding of changes in school programs, policies or procedures and insure your daily work complies and supports changes within programs, policies and procedures.
- Provide respectful and timely service to all students, parents, and colleagues and others in a way that helps build a positive relationship within the school; respond to all inquiries in a punctual and thorough manner, offer assistance where needed, seek to provide guidance or direction for problem resolution, and generally represent the school and parish in a positive, helpful and considerate manner.
- Treat all financial, human resource and other school information confidentially; respect the privacy of school families and employees relative to sensitive situations which may occur as part of school activities or communications.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications: • BA/BS degree, preferably with a major or emphasis in accounting and a good understanding of generally accepted accounting principals. • Experience in financial management, preferably in a school or other non-profit organization. • Proficiency in basic accounting software packages, preferably QuickBooks. • Understanding of and experience with employment practices and maintenance of employee files. • Proficiency in common desk-top computer software, specifically including MicroSoft Excel and Word. • Successfully complete background check. • Successfully complete “Essential 3” training. • Have the ability to communicate effectively with the leadership team, board of directors, school staff, school parents and potential parents. • Be capable of working with limited supervision. • Be able to take direction from the principal and effectively complete new programs, processes and procedures as directed. Mental Demands: • Possess good people and listening skills. • Be able to follow instructions and to work independently on routine and regular responsibilities to accomplish tasks within appropriate timelines. • Possess the ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality. • Have the ability to focus on and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. • Have the ability to work well with others when appropriate, maintaining a positive and helpful attitude at all times, even during chaotic times. Physical Demands: • Work an average of twenty (20) or more hours per week
Organizational Name: St. Pascal Regional Catholic School
Organizational City: St. Paul
Position Contact Name: Inna Collier
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 65-1432-4970
Benefits: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyPlease send your resume, cover letter, 3 position related recommendations, and transcripts to email@example.com. You can send your questions about the position as well.
149 total views, 1 today