Full-Time Business Administrator
The Business Administrator is to assist the Pastor in the management and the administrative operations of the Parish, and to conduct the business affairs of the Parish in a professional, ethical, efficient, and organized manner. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner, which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is preferred that this employee be an active, participating Roman Catholic.
• Demonstrate a knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of Catholic Church doctrine and policies in the areas of liturgy, the sacraments, morality, ethics, and education, and to be committed to learning more in these areas and to implementing these doctrines and policies.
• Perform duties in accordance with the requirements of civil and canon law.
• Maintain professional standards of confidentiality.
• Establish and follow generally accepted accounting principles in the preparation of financial statements.
• Attend parish staff meetings, Finance Committee meetings, and other meetings as requested by the Pastor.
• To work with the Pastor, the Parochial Vicar, the Trustees, the Parish Finance Council, the Parish Pastoral Council, the Facilities Committee, Women’s Council, Men’s Club and Parish Ministries to facilitate the effective operation of the Parish.
• Work with the Religious Education Staff, the Youth Director, the Maintenance Supervisor, and the Director of Music and Liturgy to provide financial assistance and information necessary for annual budget preparation.
Financial and Accounting:
• Work with the Pastor, staff, and Finance Committee to prepare and implement the annual budget of the Parish.
• Prepare monthly financial statements and present them at the Finance Committee’s monthly meeting.
• Oversee and assist in the annual Parish audit or financial review by an independent auditor.
• Establish and implement office management systems and internal controls that assure efficient collection, compiling, and presentation of financial, stewardship, and census data.
• Oversee the annual stewardship drives and any pledge drives.
Office and Plant Management:
• Maintain in an orderly manner all files of the Parish, including census data, personnel files, payroll records, sacramental records, all committee meeting minutes, insurance records, contracts, licenses, loans, equipment manuals, and so forth. Supervise the ordering of supplies and the maintenance of inventories for Parish programs and Parish maintenance.
• Oversee all maintenance, repair, and purchase of property, plant, and equipment in consultation with the Maintenance Supervisor (all items over $500 require the approval of the Pastor).
• Assist the Pastor in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, and dismissing employees.
• Maintain accurate and complete personnel records.
• Review staffing needs and make recommendations to the Pastor.
• Assist with the drafting of job descriptions and present them to the Pastor for review and approval.
• Supervise secretarial, bookkeeping, clerical, and maintenance staff, as well as all contracted services.
• Be knowledgeable of all federal, state, Archdiocesan, and Parish Policies that impact on morality and ethics with respect to personnel, e.g., vulnerable adults, youth, child protection reporting requirements, sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and insurance coverage. Ensure compliance with these policies and laws in all programs in which parishioners participate.
Policies and Procedures:
• Revise, develop, publicize, and implement Parish policies and procedures in all areas including finances, personnel, facilities usage, scheduling of meetings, and so forth.
• Provide in-service for staff and parishioners on compliance with Archdiocesan, government, and Parish Policies.
• Review the Mission Statement of the Parish and work with the Pastor, the Trustees, the Finance Committee, and the Parish Council to develop and implement long-range planning.
• Attend any workshops, Archdiocesan or otherwise, in the areas of finance, insurance, investment, building safety, personnel, legal, and accounting matters that would prove helpful.
• Negotiate and review all maintenance agreements, contracts, and bids, with final approval reserved to the Pastor and the trustees.
• Perform a compliance review for environmental, safety, and health regulations.
Job Qualifications: Job Qualifications: Must have a BA or equivalent work experience, including budgeting, supervision, and other business administrator functions. Prior experience in business administration required (finance, human resources, property management, stewardship and fund raising). Demonstrated knowledge in Archdiocesan policies regarding human resources, financial controls, insurance requirements and reporting. Must pass a criminal l background check. Be proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel, Internet and website literacy. Proficiency with accounting systems required; Parishsoft Family Suite and Accounting preferred. Experience with vendor relations and contract negotiation required. Understanding of financial management and reporting requirements, Physical Demands: Work 40 plus hours per week, and as necessary during high demand periods. Participate in periodic evening and weekend meetings and events. This position requires:: 1. Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work effectively with limited supervision, but obtaining direction when needed. 2. Ability to plan organize and meet deadlines and to manage multiple concurrent tasks. 3. Must be able to demonstrate high level of organizational skills and ability to work under pressure with interruptions. 4. Ability to conduct and oversee staff performance reviews and provide feedback in a positive and helpful manner. 5. Strong communication and interpersonal skills to lead and interact effectively. 6. Able to effectively address conflict. 7. Able to develop and maintain a productive working relationship with Pastor, staff and parishioners.
Organizational Name: Church of St. Patrick - Edina
Organizational City: Edina
Position Contact Name: John Ratelle
Position Contact Title: Trustee
Position Contact Email: John.Ratelle@marsh.com
Position Contact Phone: 612-868-6496
Salary / Range: Comensurate with experience
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyQualified applicants should send a cover letter of interest by and resume by mail to Church of St. Patrick 6820 St. Patrick’s Lane Edina, MN 55439 Or email to John Ratelle Trustee John.Ratelle@marsh.com Deadline is July 15, 2019
242 total views, 1 today