Full-Time Building Maintenance Technician
Saint Thomas Academy seeks a full-time Building Maintenance Technician. The qualified candidate needs to enjoy working in an environment where you can stay active, get your hands dirty, do something different every day, and utilize a variety of skills to solve a diverse range of problems. The qualified candidate will be willing to embrace the mission of Saint Thomas Academy.
The responsibilities of this position are to work with the maintenance team on daily maintenance and preventative care of the buildings and grounds.
Work schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. This position does not require that the employee be a Catholic. It is expected however that all employees will respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practices of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided.
- In support of the mission and goals of Saint Thomas Academy, employees will follow all school policies and procedures.
- Support Saint Thomas Academy and the St. Paul/Minneapolis Archdiocese’s mission and goals and actively articulate them to the Academy’s constituents and the wider community
- Assist in operation of heating, energy management, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Perform preventive maintenance, repair, and installation of electrical, plumbing, painting/drywall, and HVAC systems
- Perform minor maintenance duties including but not limited to: cleaning and lubricating univents, changing filters, changing light bulbs and ballasts, small painting projects
- Perform carpentry work as needed
- Perform snow removal and grounds work as needed
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance for scheduled shifts
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned or apparent
- Work overtime when emergencies arise
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to respond to the severity of work as assigned
- Be able to drop what you are doing if a higher priority arises
- Promote safety and cleanliness
- Focus on and complete a list of tasks in a timely manner
- Perform custodial duties as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the representative responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with all staff and be courteous and helpful with students and general public
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Organizational skills and ability to work under constantly changing conditions a must
- Ability to observe and report safety hazards and need for maintenance and repair
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing using electronic communications with site administrators and supervisor regarding building and grounds needs, schedules and concerns
Job Qualifications: • Education: High School diploma or GED • 1st Class “C” boiler license or ability to obtain with in 1 year • Pool License – CPO or AFO (or ability to obtain within 6 months) • Successfully completed background check • Completion of pre-employment physical PREFERRED SKILLS • Experience with carpentry • Experience with plumbing, electrical, and HVAC systems • Experience with drywall, mudding, and painting • Experience with concrete and asphalt • Experience with a Bobcat PHYSICAL DEMANDS • This position involves standing, walking, climbing stairs, twisting, bending, stooping, squatting, and push/pull while sweeping or mopping • Lifting requirements are of up to 60 pounds • Work in all weather conditions: cold, inclement, warm
Organizational Name: Saint Thomas Academy
Organizational City: Mendota Heights
Position Contact Name: Deborah Berglund
Position Contact Title: HR Manager
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-683-1513
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyQualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to: Deborah Berglund, HR Manager, Saint Thomas Academy, via email email@example.com or mail to 949 Mendota Heights Road, Mendota Heights, MN 55120 Position will remain open until filled
289 total views, 2 today