Full-Time Biology Teacher
- Guided by the Cristo Rey Network’s standards and benchmarks, develop standards-based, data-driven annual, unit, and lesson plans that drive student-achievement gains on core assessments, including Cristo Rey Network end-of-course assessments.
- Design and administer interim assessments aligned to course standards, complete in-depth analysis of student performance on them, and design appropriate instructional responses to assessment results.
- Implement rigorous, engaging, high-impact lessons that accelerate student growth and differentiate for individual students.
- Provide targeted one-on-one and small-group tutoring to students outside of regular class time.
- Actively build an understanding of each student as an individual in the spirit of cura personalis (care for the whole person).
- Help define, and consistently uphold, school-wide practices, routines, and norms for student behavior including PBIS (positive behavior interventions and support) and High Trust philosophies.
- Maintain a classroom culture that supports student learning.
- Reflect on teaching practices through regular coaching meetings guided by the Danielson Framework for Teaching
- Participate in continued professional development.
- Participate actively in the professional community through collaboration with colleagues in a range of contexts.
- Contribute to the Cristo Rey community outside of classroom responsibilities.
- Partner with the full Cristo Rey community to further the mission as a college preparatory school.
- Model values consistent with Catholic, Jesuit education and service to others.
Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Principal
Job Qualifications: Required: • Bachelor’s degree with a major, minor, or comparable credential of content expertise in the primary teaching discipline • Proficiency using technology to advance teaching and learning • Knowledge of best practices in the teaching and learning of science • Competency in designing and implementing curricula to serve a heterogeneous student population diverse in culture, religion, and ability • Commitment to the mission of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School • Complete Virtus training, sign a Code of Conduct, and pass a background check Preferred: • Teaching license in the primary teaching discipline • Master's Degree in Education or content area • Prior successful inner-city high school teaching experience • Experience with teaching students in need of significant academic support • Ability to speak another language • Experience working with English language learners • Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues effectively
Organizational Name: Cristo Rey Jesuit High School Twin Cities
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Emily R Bird
Position Contact Title: Dean
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 612-545-9791
Submitter Name: Mel McCaa
Deadline: July 15
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Required
Number of Classrooms: 11-25
Number of Faculty: 26-50
How to ApplyPlease complete our online faculty application form to apply for this position: https://www.cristoreytc.org/apps/form/facultyapp Send resume to email@example.com
189 total views, 1 today