Full-Time Billing Systems Analyst
Position Summary: The Billings Systems Analyst will play an integral role in the implementation of an accurate and efficient medical benefits (AMBP) billing system. Going forward, the individual in this role will monitor, maintain and verify the billing system and associated procedures to ensure accurate benefits invoices on a monthly basis.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Produces monthly itemized invoices, including tracking of adjustments for billing purposes from reports from the benefits administration system for all participating employers in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis Medical Benefits Plan.
- Analyzes and implements new billing system components to help resolve complex billing problems.
- Resolves billing discrepancies by working with participating employers and benefits staff and assists with the integration of billing resolutions into the system.
- Reconciles monthly invoices with various benefit carriers. Produces monthly eligibility and billing reports either electronically or in hard copy for each carrier, including adjustments caused by late notification of changes to benefits using reports from the benefits administration system.
- Creates and coordinates carrier electronic eligibility updates in compliance with HIPAA regulations. Resolves eligibility and billing discrepancies by working with the insurance carriers’ billing representatives. Provides a monthly billing summary management report of carrier payments and number of enrolled employees by category.
- Prepares the vendor self-bills and manages reconciliations for the AFLAC and Legal Shield voluntary benefits.
- Manages various integration files.
- Provides customer service to parish business administrators, insurance company billing representatives, employees and others who ask for information about any of the lay and priest benefit plans administered by the AMBP.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- The need to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain a high degree of accuracy is essential.
- Must be able to effectively interact with internal staff and field employees at all levels.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite in addition to accounting and benefits billing systems required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and takes the required initiative to complete tasks and job responsibilities.
- Ability to work in an interdependent, fast paced work team.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information in compliance with state and federal HIPPA regulations.
Job Qualifications: (Education and Experience):
- BA Degree in Accounting or other finance-related field required;
- A minimum of four to seven years experience in accounting and benefit billing systems;
- Experience and proficiency with a computerized accounting system;
- Experience in handling a variety of customer service activities, particularly in the area of employee benefits.
- Experience with on-line benefit enrollment and third-party administration systems.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Organizational Name: Archdiocese of St Paul and Minneapolis
Organizational City: St Paul
Position Contact Name: Stephanie Jerstad
Position Contact Title: Controller
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Deadline: July 30, 2020
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyPlease provide a cover letter, resume, and 3 professional letters of reference to Stephanie Jerstad by July 30, 2020. firstname.lastname@example.org
585 total views, 11 today