Full-Time Auditor – Judge
Position Summary: The Ecclesiastical Judge instructs and judges cases for the Metropolitan Tribunal and assists the Archdiocese in other matters that pertain to canon law.
Essential Functions of the Position:
1.Auditor duties of managing a case from acceptance through ratification include:
- To study the case to instruct it according to necessary norms and laws;
- To communicate process and rights to clients before the Tribunal;
- To gather required evidence and testimony through personal interviews;
- To maintain case file and submit it to the next stage in process at correct time;
- To inform and update client at necessary times within process and when inquiries are made.
- To support and carry out all tasks in accord with Tribunal procedures;
- To perform additional tasks to improve Tribunal ministry as requested by the Judicial Vicar;
- To observe Oath of Confidentiality in all aspects of Tribunal work, whether in the Tribunal Office or away.
2. Associate Judge duties of rendering judicial decisions in marriage cases include:
- To study and evaluate the evidence presented in the Acts of a case;
- To reflect and discuss with Auditors, Defenders of the Bond and Consultants the quality, credibility and sufficiency of the evidence;
- To determine that all procedural requirements are fulfilled to ensure validity of the process;
- To dictate Definitive Sentences.
Job Requirements :
Desired: Competency in a foreign language – Spanish, Italian, or Latin
- It is required that this person be an active, participating Roman Catholic.
- Be in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church and be one who “thinks with the Church”, i.e., be faithful to the Magisterial teachings of the Church
- Ability to analyze evidence critically and objectively and to state conclusions clearly
- Ability to be compassionate to clients while upholding Church teaching and Canon Law
- Workable understanding of computers and organizational skill to manage a large caseload
- Ability to work with confidential and personal material without breaching client’s trust
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the job, as defined
- Good mental and organizational abilities.
Desired: JCD degree
Required : A JCL degree or indult from Rome and a solid understanding of Canon Law and Marriage
Desired: Five or more years of experience working in Ecclesiastical Tribunals
Required: Previous work in an Ecclesiastical Tribunal
Organizational Name: Archdiocese of St Paul and Minneapolis
Organizational City: St Paul
Position Contact Name: Fr. Michael Johnson
Position Contact Title: Judicial Vicar
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Submitter Name: Margaret Kariya
Submitter Title: HR Assistant
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyPlease provide a cover letter, resume, and three letters of professional reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
466 total views, 5 today