Full-Time Associate Director of Discipleship – Youth Ministry
To plan, coordinate, assist and manage the evangelical and catechetical programming for middle school and high school students for the parish by implementing the vision of the Catholic Church, St. Hubert’s and the pastor. To serve as a resource to all parish departments, councils, committees, commissions, volunteers, and staff for Discipleship. All functions performed in adherence to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church and in such a way as to support and be consistent with St. Hubert Catholic Community’s Vision & Mission Statement.
St. Hubert Catholic Community invites you to BELONG to the family, RECEIVE God’s grace,
STRENGTHEN your friendship with Christ in the Catholic Church, and SHARE the joy of the Gospel.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, train, equip, and lead an adult Core Team.
- Recruit, train, equip, and lead a high school peer ministry team.
- Coordinate and execute middle school programs, including but not limited to:
- Weekly Edge Nights
- Movie Nights (for both middle school and high school)
- Game Nights
- Chillfest (yearly overnight lock-in event)
- Extreme Faith Camp (yearly middle school summer camp)
- Service Projects
- Coordinate and execute high school programs, including but not limited to:
- Overtime/Halftime (weekly high school youth group)
- XLT (Praise & Worship nights)
- Archdiocesan Youth Day
- Off – Site Social Activities
- Service Projects/Mission Trip
- Bible Study
- Develop connections between the middle school programming, Confirmation, and high school programming.
- Serve as a resource to parents regarding their questions, concerns and problems in matters of evangelization, catechesis, and programming offered at St. Hubert.
- Serve as a resource to parish and school staff members on all matters relating to Discipleship: evangelization, catechesis, and theology.
- Write occasional articles for the parish magazine Halo and the newsletters for the parish and school.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the position and are not all-inclusive.
•A Bachelor’s degree in Theology or related area is preferred.
•Knowledgeable and experienced in evangelization, catechesis, and the sacramental practices of the Catholic Church; Roman Catholic Liturgy, traditions, and rituals.
•Must take an oath of fidelity to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
•Experience and training in Discipleship teaching skills.
•Demonstrates effectively and collegially working and communicating with others.
•Demonstrates ability to make decisions.
•Demonstrates ability to work without supervision.
•Able to direct and supervise others.
•Active, participating Roman Catholic.
•Able to pass required background check and complete required initial training
Organizational Name: St. Hubert Catholic Community
Organizational City: Chanhassen
Position Contact Name: Fr. Aric Aamodt
Position Contact Title: Associate Pastor
Position Contact Email: HR@sthubert.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-374-5054
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter, resume and three letters of recommendation to Fr. Aric Aamodt Associate Pastor, St. Hubert Catholic Community at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2020.
413 total views, 7 today