Part-Time Assistant Controller
The Assistant Controller assists the Vice President of Finance and Administration with the Foundation’s overall financial plan, policies, procedures and internal controls and in providing support to the Finance Committee. The position is part-time; working approximately twenty (20) hours per week.
The Assistant Controller is primarily responsible for the management of the day to day financial processes of the Foundation, including oversight of daily financial tasks including accounts payable, fixed assets and general ledger functions. The Assistant Controller manages portions of the monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger closing processes, including the review of general ledger account reconciliations, and assists in the timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and other reports. The Assistant Controller assists in ensuring compliance with all reporting and disclosure requirements and in the management of the Foundation’s information systems (IT).
Reporting & Management
This position reports to the Vice-President of the Finance and Administration, Casey Scott, and has responsibility for team leadership of the Staff Accountant.
Major Position Responsibilities
Assist Vice-President of Finance and Administration in providing overall direction for accounting and reporting activities, including IT, audits, and accounting for operations, investments, funds, and grants – 50%
- Oversee the recording and maintenance of accounting information for the Foundation, coordinate all period-end close processes and reporting (month, quarter, and year) and ensure the accuracy, timeliness and clarity of financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Development, maintenance, and monitoring of internal controls to assure the safeguarding of the assets of the Foundation.
- Oversight of audit field work to assure a timely preparation of the audited financial statements and filing the IRS Form 990. Including implementing any new standards.
- Coordination of the creation of annual and quarterly budgets and multi-year forecasts.
- Work with outsourced IT vendor on the day-to-day management of the Foundation’s IT systems ensuring proper controls are in place to safeguard data while maximizing user functionality
- Maintain donor portal by working with Grants Manager and software vendor to ensure a positive donor experience while addressing any donor needs or software operations issues that arise
Provide leadership and support for accounting team members – 10%
- Supervise, coach, evaluate and provide development of Staff Accountant
- Act as primary backup to Fund Manager on all non-payroll related responsibilities.
- Other projects and duties, including providing backup for other Finance staff, as needed.
Support the Vice President of Finance and Administration with the informational needs of the Finance Committee– 20%
- Assist in creation of reports/materials as needed for the Finance Committee Packet and the Finance Committee materials for the Board
- Attend Finance Committee meetings and timely prepare, finalize and internally distribute meeting minutes for approval
Support the Vice President of Finance and Administration with special projects, as needed – 20%
- Assist the Vice President of Finance and Administration with the following:
- Benchmarking Foundation activities, including all vendor relationships, and creating special reports both one-time and historical
- Risk assessment and remediation
- Compliance oversight with regard to regulatory requirements such as filing with the IRS and State Attorney General; Minnesota Secretary of State; CGA filings: trustee regulations and filings; postal regulations; state and local employment regulations and other nonprofit issues.
- Audit and ensure compliance with all Finance and Human Resource policies including schedules which outline when each policy should be audited.
- Develop and maintain the Accounting Manual
Job Qualifications: • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration (CPA, MBA or CMA a plus). • 5 years’ experience in accounting or equivalent (nonprofit or foundation experience a plus). • Good judgment with an aptitude to motivate people, set priorities, analyze data, prepare conclusions and handle multiple assignments with tight deadlines. • A commitment to the mission of the Catholic Community Foundation. • Demonstrated expertise in practical use of and leadership in technology and the ability to use such tools to inform and educate staff on matters related to Finance and Investment. • Thorough understanding of automated financial and accounting systems, preferably foundation software. • Exceptional interpersonal leadership, supervisory and organizational skills. • Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively engage staff, volunteers, donors and stakeholders in the Finance and Investment functions vital to the success of the Foundation. • Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and strong general Microsoft Office skills. • Institutional investment experience a plus.
Organizational Name: Catholic Community Foundation
Organizational City: Saint Paul
Position Contact Name: Casey Scott
Position Contact Title: Vice President of Finance & Administration
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-389-0300
Submitter Name: Lisa Haemmerle
Submitter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplySubmit cover letter, resume, and two professional references to CCF Vice-President Casey Scott at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled. All inquiries and applications will remain confidential, and professional references will not be contacted until later in the search process. The Catholic Community Foundation of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer.
112 total views, 1 today