Full-Time Advancement Specialist
The Advancement Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing plans that align with recruiting, admissions, retention and fundraising goals of St. Michael Catholic School. The ideal candidate will be engaging, enthusiastic, and able to communicate admiration for Catholic education. The employee does not need to be Roman Catholic. Position is approximately 30-32 hours per week with full benefits.
- Ownership of the planning, management and implementation of the recruitment and retention of students, including open houses, campus visits, registration, and social marketing.
- Work closely with key school and parish staff to coordinate the external and internal marketing efforts and initiatives that attract and retain students in sufficient numbers to support school programs.
- Plan, collect data, make projections and report enrollment management data.
- Responsible for the planning, management, and implementation of all fundraising initiatives.
- Responsibility for grant planning and implementation, including need identification, grant research, grant solicitation.
- Educate and engage key volunteers (i.e. Parent Connections) in implementing mission based fundraising.
- Engage network building, specifically in the areas of alumni and current families.
- Work to create and support a culture of philanthropy within the school extending to parish-at-large.
- Work in conjunction with key school and parish staff in all aspects of school communication, including print publications and electronic media
Position reports to school principal.
Job Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in enrollment management, development, marketing, and/or volunteer management • Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic elementary education • Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational goals • Ability to build a team, effectively recruit and manage volunteers • Superior communication skills, ability to conceptualize and execute strategic plans, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with staff, students, donors, trustees, school administration, parish leadership, media and alumni • Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite preferred • Social media strategy experience and ability to grow brand awareness through electronic mediums • Grant writing experience a plus • Fundraising experience in a school or not-for-profit environment strongly preferred • Experience in a parochial or not-for-profit environment preferred • Alumni network-building experience preferred • Development experience preferred, not required • Bachelor’s degree in a related field strongly preferred Team Expectations • Meet regularly with key school and parish staff • Work closely with the Marketing Committee to set and achieve goals and objectives • Work closely with School Fundraising event committees to set and achieve goals and objectives • Attend School Advisory and Parish Pastoral Council meeting as needed
Organizational Name: St Michael Catholic Church
Organizational City: Prior Lake
Position Contact Name: Sue Kittams
Position Contact Title: HR
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-447-9063
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter and resume to Sue Kittams, email@example.com.
1051 total views, 3 today