Part-Time Administrative Assistant: Records, Part-Time
Title: Administrative Assistant: Records, Part-Time
Reports to: Parish Business Administrator
Direct Reports: None
Provides Work Direction to: None
Receives Work Direction from: Pastor, Associate Pastor, Parish Business Administrator, Director of Stewardship & Development, Parish Accountant
Hours: Part-time, 24 hours per week, 12 months
Schedule: Monday – Friday, primarily daytime hours
Benefits eligible: No
Last revision: August 29, 2019
Parish Mission Statement
Bearing witness to Jesus Christ who is the Way, the Truth and the Life: GO. MAKE. TEACH.
Job Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to support our parish mission by effectively performing sacramental data recording according to canon law for the parish, handling marriage and baptism intakes, facilitating the gift acknowledgement process, and providing administrative support to the Director of Stewardship & Development. See information below for more specific information on these and other duties.
Statement on Working for the Catholic Church: Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, nor can it embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is preferred that this employee be a Catholic. It is expected that all employees respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practice of employees not of the Catholic faith will be provided.
Note: The following responsibilities, 1 through 8, are essential functions.
- Oversee recordkeeping of all sacramental data according to canon law for the parish. Record all necessary information regarding sacraments received at St. John’s and then enter that data into the parish’s data base. Facilitate requests from other parishes for sacramental information and follow defined procedure for sending out that information as requested.
- Marriage Intakes: Handle all incoming requests for marriages and convalidations. Work with priests, deacons and Prepare leader.
- Baptism intakes. Take initial inquiries regarding baptism and baptism preparation. Manage communication between ministry leaders. Coordinate directly with volunteer for white garment. Calendar and schedule for baptism prep session and reception dates.
- Serve as Notary Public.
- Answer telephones as a backup and stay informed of information at St. John’s to be able to answer questions about parish events and ministries.
- Serve the gift acknowledgement process by preparing a thank you letter for the pastor. This position will be informed of gifts which will be acknowledged in this way by either the accountant or the parish business administrator.
- Assist with logistical planning for staff events or programs, such as Lunch on Us or staff days or retreats.
- Provide administrative support work to the Director of Stewardship & Development. This includes, but is not limited to, running reports, preparing lists, making telephone calls, tracking gifts via a spreadsheet, acknowledging gifts, and coordinating communications (mail, email, Flocknote, other). Provide other support as requested by Director of Stewardship & Development. Keep supervisor informed on workload and prioritization of duties.
*To be present where needed, ready to work as needed to meet responsibilities. Includes recognizing when situations require more effort, satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner, providing an example of punctuality and attendance, and generally ensuring all is ready and taken care of.
*Organize, prepare and maintain files and information. Gather information from fax, email and other sources, ensure all information has been received, follow up as necessary, organize reports and make them available for convenient reference, maintain for the designated time, discard at designated time.
*Maintain and improve work knowledge and skills such as understanding requirements and work procedures, purpose of work completed and computer and projector use.
*Meet all communication requirements including interpersonal skills with parish and school employees as well as visitors, guests, school families, and parishioners. Includes keeping superiors and appropriate others informed.
*Help create a productive environment where there is harmony, good morale, and cooperative teamwork. Monitor self-productivity and take corrective action as appropriate.
*Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality of all work data.
Other Responsibilities: includes other responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor or pastor.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not inclusive. Those preceded by an asterisk (*) are essential job functions.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications 1. High school diploma or equivalent 2. Experience in database operations 3. Experience in communications – email, newsletter, etc. 4. Strong computer, keyboarding and 10-key skills 5. Must be able to pass background check Mental Demands 1. Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines and to manage multiple concurrent tasks. 2. High level of collaboration and organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and with interruptions. 3. Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work without supervision, but obtain direction when needed. 4. Maintain positive demeanor in the face of negative influences. 5. Publicly support the mission Saint John the Baptist Parish. 6. Strong interpersonal skills 7. Must be able to keep accurate records 8. Understand the importance of confidentiality 9. Proficiency in technology: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ParishSoft database, Flocknote, others. 10. Able to search for and utilize information from the Internet 11. Strong writing skills; proficiency in grammatical skills Physical Demands 1. Work 24 hours per week 2. Able to sit for long periods of time 3. Able to lift up to 25 lbs. (office materials, supplies, etc.) using proper techniques
Organizational Name: St. John the Baptist
Organizational City: New Brighton
Position Contact Name: Mark Dittman
Position Contact Title: Parish Administrator
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-633-8333
Deadline: Thursday, September 12, 2019
Benefits: Not Included
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease apply via application or cover letter and resume to Mark Dittman, Parish Administrator. A job description and application form are available at the parish office.
653 total views, 7 today