Full-Time Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
Saint Bonaventure in Bloomington is hiring a full-time (40 hours/week) Parish Office Administrative Assistant. We offer a supportive, team-based, ministry environment, competitive wage, and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Parish Office Administrative Assistant provides a welcoming approach to all who contact Saint Bonaventure by phone, email, or in person. This position works closely with our pastor, executive director, and the entire parish staff. This role is an important representative of the Saint Bonaventure community in terms of having a warm and inviting style and an overall general knowledge of the Saint Bonaventure community (e.g., Mass times, sacraments, upcoming events, etc.). It is required that this employee be an active practicing Catholic.
- Parish Correspondence:
- Greeting visitors, answering phones and responding to parish voicemail and email messages
- Prepare weekly bulletin and regular and bulk mailings
- Maintain church bulletin boards and pamphlet racks
- Parish Records:
- Coordinate records management and data entry in our parish database (ParishSoft)
- Maintain Parish Sacramental Records
- Facilitate Mass Requests and Intentions for Saint Bonaventure, Memorial Mass Association, and Franciscan Missions
- Office Management:
- Maintain parish office: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Coordinate the parish facility schedule, maintain website calendar, and facilitate space rentals
- Oversee office equipment and supplies
- Oversee ministerial and liturgical supplies (e.g., hosts, wine, and candles)
- Provide support and record-keeping for staff and committees as assigned
- Schedule and train volunteers
- Receipt all funds that are paid in the office and create a weekly deposit of funds received
- Maintain printing, postage and petty cash logs and expenses
- Enter bills in our accounting software (ParishSoft)
- Prepare and mail checks
- Performs other related duties as needed by the employer and approved and assigned by the supervisor.
Job Qualifications: Required Skills/Abilities • Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills along with a welcoming and inviting approach to work • Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail • Strong verbal and written communication skills • Ability to collaborate with other staff and volunteers on various tasks and responsibilities • Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality • Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, a working knowledge of Google (mail, calendar, drive), and ability to quickly learn other office systems (phones, parish scheduling, parish record-keeping, etc.) • Successfully pass a criminal background check, an acceptable credit report and be able to complete VIRTUS training • Able to work long hours or weekends when required Education and Experience • High School Diploma or equivalent • Prior administrative assistant experience or previous work experience within a church/parish office setting preferred Physical Requirements Able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds at times.
Organizational Name: Saint Bonaventure Catholic Community
Organizational City: Bloomington
Position Contact Name: Deacon Michael Redfearn
Position Contact Title: Executive Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-297-8416
Deadline: Monday, March 30
Salary / Range: Commensurate with Experience
Number of Parish Households: 1,001-2,000
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter, resume and a list of references to Deacon Mickey Redfearn at email@example.com by Monday, March 30. We hope to have someone in place beginning on April 14 to allow for training.
812 total views, 14 today