Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Parish Administrator
Provides work direction to: Volunteers
Receives work direction from: Staff
Employment Definition: Part-Time
Hours worked per week: 20-29 – additional hours when needed
Eligible for benefits: No
The Administrative Assistant provides vital support to parish staff to ensure that all administrative needs are met.
- Provide assistance to staff members with administrative functions as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and record the minutes of those meetings.
- Format and publish the weekly bulletin.
- Print/copy, collate and assemble special projects for staff.
- Manage and maintain the volunteer opportunity cards on the “Community Sharing” board.
- Prepare funeral programs.
- Create original baptism and RCIA certificates.
- Manage and order office and facility supplies.
- Manage maintenance of general office equipment.
- Manage periodic bulk mailings and the daily mail.
- Manage office voicemail.
- Organize the collection of funds and make lists for the Christmas and Easter flowers.
- Post staff vacation calendar, staff meeting information, bulletin stuffer and commons check out sheets.
- Prepare pages for Mass intention book.
- Assist the Parish Administrator with the annual fall pledging appeal.
- Assist the Parish Administrator with periodic mailings of contribution statements.
- Act as the Risen Savior liaison for the annual Catholic Services Appeal.
- Manage the New Member Welcome packets and letters.
- Answer phones and greet guests in the absence of the receptionist.
- Manage library.
- Manage Memorial Wall.
- Design and create brochures, pamphlets, posters, signs, forms, booklets, invitations as directed.
- Data entry of confirmation and youth retreats and activities.
- Assist with Latino ministry translations as needed.
- Serve as community liaison to Parishioners who walk into the office.
- Assist and serve as back-up to the Parish receptionist.
- Assist staff in maintaining orderly shared spaces in the office.
- Attendance and participation in staff meetings, staff activities appropriate to role as Administrative Assistant, such as staff events, annual staff retreat day and staff celebrations.
- Assist as needed with intergenerational events, parish events, etc.
- Share ministerial goals each year with the pastor and parish administrator.
- Participate fully in the work of the staff for the good of the whole parish.
- Manage Parish Social Media postings and presence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist the maintenance chief in maintaining the on-site chemical inventory and maintenance to-do lists.
- Membership on the staff safety committee
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not all-inclusive.
Job Qualifications: GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees are held to a different and many times a higher standard of conduct. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. This position does not require that the employee be a Catholic. It is expected, however, that non-Catholic employees will respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practices of non-Catholics will similarly be provided. MENTAL DEMANDS: • Ability to multi-task. • Ability to prioritize. • Proficient in the English language, verbal and written. • Proficient in the Spanish language, verbal and written (preferred) • Ability to handle interruptions and deal pleasantly with all types of people. • Ability to retain focus in a busy work environment. • Excellent organizational skills and detail orientated. • Proficient in office computer programs, such as Word, Excel, Publisher, etc. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Possess the ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality. PHYSICAL DEMANDS • Ability to follow instructions; work independently on routine and regular responsibilities to accomplish tasks within appropriate timelines. • Ability to work well with others when appropriate while maintaining a positive and helpful attitude at all times, even during chaotic times. • Ability to operate general office equipment, including copiers, fax machine, printers and multi-line phone system. • Ability to work extra hours when needed. • Ability to carry and move light items (Up to 40 pounds).
Organizational Name: Church of the Risen Savior
Organizational City: Burnsville
Position Contact Name: Ryan Currens
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-431-5222
Benefits: Not Included
Salary / Range: Commensurate with experience.
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyCompensation is highly competitive and will be dependent upon applicant qualifications. Position posted until filled. Interested applicants should e-mail their resume, writing sample, cover letter and 3 references to Parish Administrator Ryan Currens at: email@example.com
483 total views, 11 today