Full-Time Administrative Assistant
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of the school office
- Oversight of the school calendar and ensuring that tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and/or direct the work of school volunteers. Maintain data on school volunteers.
- Monitor and respond to emails.
- Answer telephone and door intercom, identify who is requesting entrance to the building, and ensure that visitors sign in upon arrival and put on a nametag.
- Receive packages and mail. Sort, open, and distribute mail to staff in their inboxes.
- Keep cumulative files updated.
- Order supplies and materials.
- Provides primary administrative support to the School Principal
- Monitoring voicemail messages as agreed upon with Principal.
- Monitoring email messages as agreed upon with Principal.
- Daily review of calendar and scheduled activities.
- Keep Principal abreast of any changes in family structures or revealed family/student information in a timely manner.
- Preparation of reports as directed by the School Principal.
- Other administrative activities as directed by the School Principal.
- Communications as directed by the School Principal.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events (i.e. Kindergarten Roundup, Back-to-School Night, Volunteer Appreciation, etc.)
- One of the Primary Contacts with the Finance Department and Human Resources.
- Process checks and cash received in the mail or brought to the front office from staff or families.
- Prepare and submit invoices and payment requests to the Principal for approval. Ensure that they are approved in a timely manner so that they may be picked up by the Ascension Catholic Academy Finance Department for timely payment.
- Follow the financial controls in the Ascension Financial Policies and Procedures manual.
- Keep financial accounts and records for student fees, updating Powerschool when payments are made, and billing families monthly for their fees.
- Lunch Program
- Interface with the MN Department of Education for the management of the Meal Program.
- Copy Finance Department with monthly meals report sent to MN Dept. of Education.
- Keep Principal updated on status of Lunch Program.
- Produce monthly school lunch calendar from data received from Kitchen Manager.
- Technology support (TADS & Cornerstone)
- Implement and update as needed the Cornerstone student database for new and returning families.
- Maintain student attendance records.
- Print Cornerstone reports as requested or when necessary.
- Manage the set-up and update of TADS Financial Aid and Tuition Management modules.
- Enter Scholarship credits, Tuition fees, and other fee charges to family accounts in TADS.
- Manage all billing for Meal Program in Cornerstone.
- Record family and staff lunch payments in Cornerstone Meal Program.
- Provide support to families regarding their accounts.
- Manage billing for Tuition and other fees (sending necessary reminders, statements, etc.)
- Student Registration
- Organize and lead the implementation of all pre-registration and registration paperwork and events.
- Verify that Registration is complete (forms and fee have been received). Follow up on what is missing.
- Student and Parent Support
- Assist students with illnesses, bumps, cuts, and bruises.
- Contact parents when child has a fever, diarrhea, severe injury, or presents with a fever. (Children do not return to school until they have had 24 consecutive hours symptom-free.
- Supervise the distribution and daily notations of student medications, ensure that all students have the proper documentation that enables them to take medications at school, and keep medical health files organized.
- Assist students that have accidents – supervising their clean-up, clothing change, bagging soiled clothing and informing parents.
- Support recruitment efforts by providing information to prospective families and set up a tour with the Principal.
- Primary interface with the bus company for transportation of students.
- Prepare weekly communicator envelopes for school families, including communications regarding special school activities and events.
- Maintain student records.
- Support and assist volunteers as appropriate for your position.
- Participate fully and responsibly in safety, security, HR, and finance guidelines, policies and procedures. (i.e., protecting confidential data and documents and aware of email scams and viruses.)
- When interacting with students, parents, co-workers, parishioners, volunteers, and other community members, employees must conduct themselves in a responsible, professional manner consistent with Catholic teaching, inside and outside of work when engaging in any kind of communication (social media, email, blog, etc.).
- Actively engage, as appropriate for this position, with providing updates and materials for communication tools, such as the website.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work 40 hours per week (or more as needed).
- Ability to attend school related activities and programs deemed necessary by the School Principal.
- Ability to move around the school for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds using proper lifting and carrying techniques.
- Ability to climb stairs.
Job Qualifications: 1. College degree or High School Diploma with more than 5 years of advanced administrative assistant experience. 2. Appropriate knowledge and skills in office and school procedures. 3. Ability to communicate effectively using Standard English. 4. Good written and verbal skills. 5. Training in first aid and CPR. 6. Work effectively and collegially with others in a positive manner. 7. Ability to take initiative in decision-making. 8. Ability to work with little or no supervision. 9. Ability to learn and implement new office software. 10. Ability to effectively complete new programs, processes, and procedures as directed by the Principal. 11. Proficient in technology as the position demands including but not limited to the Internet, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, & Outlook. 12. Ability to multi-task. 13. Ability to prioritize work. 14. Ability to maintain confidentiality. 15. Possess high level of integrity and honesty. 16. Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines. 17. Ability to follow directions. 18. Ability to work with a positive attitude. 19. Ability to recognize and respond appropriately in crisis situations. 20. Ability to hear and verbally respond to individuals. 21. Ability to manage stressful situations in a positive manner. 22. Ability to make safety a priority. 23. Completion and continual re-credentialing of the Essential 3: Code of Conduct, background checks, and VIRTUS training.
Organizational Name: Church of the Ascension: Ascension Catholic Academy
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Terese Shimshock
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-621-2273
Submitter Name: Alison Keller
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyPlease send cover letters and resumes to Alison Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1708 total views, 12 today