Full-Time Administrative Assistant
Serve as a member of the Administration Department, providing professional assistance to staff, volunteers and guests as detailed below. Each member of the Administration Department will be assigned primary responsibilities in the job description and will be cross-trained to serve as a back-up for other specific staff members.
- Be a member of the Administrative Office with support to all Ministries and Departments
- Provide skilled administrative service for parish committees, to facilitate parish communication, and to maintain accurate parish records.
- Provide secretarial and related office services to the Pastor and Parish Business Administrator
- To provide a cordial and professional contact with the parish for parishioners, staff and other guests.
- To give appropriate information or direction as needed. To assist as requested.
- Serve as a member of the Parish staff, working collaboratively to implement the mission of the church and to support the vision of the pastor.
- To conduct those business affairs of the parish assigned below in a professionally ethical, efficient and organized manner.
- *Be present where needed, ready to work, and on time for all scheduled hours as needed to meet requirements. This includes recognizing when situations require more effort, putting in more time if needed, satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner, providing an example of punctuality and attendance, and generally ensuring all is ready and taken care of.
- * Help create a productive environment where there is harmony, good morale, adequate communication and cooperative teamwork.
- *Ensure appropriate confidentiality in all matters relating to parish business.
- *Support and implement the policies of the Church of Bridget, the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, and other church, state and federal laws.
- *Maintain effective, professional standards of communication (this includes written, verbal, internet, and other communication.)
- * Maintain professional standards of behavior in the use of parish-paid work time, use of parish facilities and equipment
- * PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO ALL DEPARTMENTS:
- Be responsible for computer input and upkeep of all Faith Formation/Youth Ministry program data, includes dates, times and set-up
- Maintain computer input of registration forms, accounting for tuition and other monies owed, billing as necessary
- Tuition tracking and processing
- Bus schedules
- Class Schedules
- Provide weekly support to classes as needed (resources, attendance, etc)
- Assist with the preparation mailings and event set-ups
- Attend departmental staff and St. Bridget’s staff meetings.
- Assist Pastoral Care Director as needed
- Assist the Pastor as requested by supervisor by:
- Preparing funeral programs for the parish when requested; work with Pastoral Care Coordinator and Pastor on this task.
- Provide secretarial assistance to the Pastor as requested
- Assist Director of Music as requested by supervisor
- Sending correspondences to music department volunteers as requested by Director of Music
- Providing secretarial support as requested
* SECRETARIAL AND OFFICE DUTIES
- * Receptionist – Administer of Hospitality:
- Be responsible for greeting people in person, by telephone, and provide service through the parish office as needed.
- Work with Volunteer assistants.
- Transmit clear and accurately written messages.
- Ensure that the parish business voicemail has up-to-date information regarding times for Mass, Confession, and other parish events.
- Maintain a system of effective communication with Pastor, Business Administrator, Staff and Volunteers.
- * Office tasks:
- Perform various office tasks as needed by the Pastor, Staff and Trustees as approved by the Business Administrator.
- Mass intentions: schedule and publish in the parish bulletin.
- Type minutes, memos, agendas for office meetings and for various parish committees.
- Operate various pieces of office equipment and directly deal with vendors as required.
- Prepare, direct, or assist with parish mailings (email or conventional)
- * FILING AND RECORD MANAGEMENT (LISTED IN ORDER OF PRIORITY):
- Sacramental records, notifications and certificates:
- Maintain records of Baptism, Confirmation, Marriage, Funerals and Annulments.
- Process and post sacramental records as needed (ex. requests from parishioners for records)
- Update the Church Sacramental Records.
- Calendar – Maintain the parish master calendar of events including scheduling, communication, and resolution of conflicts.
- Coordinate information for baptisms, funerals, weddings, and parishioner registration.
- Schedule all parish meetings such as Finance Council and Hospitality Sundays
- Maintain Parish informational packets (brochures, print and electronic)
- Parish Databases:
- Maintain the parish databases: (ConnectNow, Our Sunday Visitor)
- Updates, cancellations and additions to The Catholic Spirit mailing list.
- Maintain moves/adds and changes with envelope vendor10.Committee and Volunteer lists: Update and maintain accurate mailing lists of various committees. Publish lists as requested.
- * ENCOURAGE THE DEVELOPMENT OF Volunteer PARTICIPATION IN the PARISH, INCLUDING working with the approval of the business administrator to OFFER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES as appropriate in THE AREAS OF OFFICE HELP. (Volunteer service is to be seen as a response in stewardship and generosity. Those recruited and the tasks accomplished must always be reflective of Catholic Church teaching and performed for the purpose of furthering the mission of the Church)
- Help foster and coordinate volunteer service and leadership at St. Bridget in order to widen the range of ministry.
- Assist in the development of effective volunteer ministry by providing orientation and training to volunteers in your area of work as requested by the Administrator. Work with the Administrator to ensure appropriate background checks for volunteers in your area of work.
- Provide training in policies and procedures, confidentiality and appropriate boundaries for all volunteers who lead fundraisers, collections and/or act as treasurers of organizations.
- Work collaboratively with the Pastor, Business Administrator, Trustees, Finance and Stewardship Committees and Pastoral Council for the betterment of the parish.
* SERVE AS MEMBER OF ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF:
- Maintain a records filing system allowing orderly, up-to-date and appropriate access to parish information, including
- Faith Formation enrollment records (keep current and historical)
- Rental Units
- Background checks
- Electronic giving forms
- Insurance forms
- Sacramental records2.
- Recruit and oversee office volunteers when needed
- Recruit, oversee events and volunteers for:
- Fish Fry
- Block Party
- Community events
- Volunteer Appreciation
- Others as requested by supervisor
- Serve as special assistant for large events as requested by supervisor
- Work with the Business Administrator as requested to
- Coordinate volunteers
- Order supplies
- Work events as staff liaison
- Work with the Business Administrator as requested to
* Professional Development responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with Business Administrator and Pastor to learn of areas in need of development.
- Personal Professional Growth and Development:
- Remain current on parish policies and procedures through reading materials and attending workshops as requested.
- Maintain current on current financial trends in church management and on computer program updates.
- Continue to develop professionally through administrative skills development, computer training, office systems and accounting, and supervisor training.
- Attend Archdiocesan meetings and trainings as requested.
- Stay current with ConnectNow training through the Archdiocese
- Receive and maintain basic life-saving skills including CPR, use of the AED units as well as basic first aid.
Job Qualifications: 1. Secretarial/clerical and technology training and experience, preferably with a church or non-profit organization. 2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. 3. Excellent phone communication abilities and ability to relay messages accurately. 4. Ability to relate and communicate effectively with parishioners, Pastor, Parochial Vicar, and other staff members. 5. Ability to give careful and accurate attention to detail. 6. Ability to utilize computers and other office equipment. Experience with the software programs the parish is currently using preferred (ConnectNow, MS Office, Windows based software.) 7. Ability to run office machines: postage, copiers, fax, 10 key calculators, folding machines. 8. Proof-reading skills - grammar and spelling. 9. Organizational ability; ability to create schedules, class lists, mailings, handbooks, flyers, and the like; hand record sacrament records; ability to keep accurate inventory of supplies. 10. Demonstrated skills and interests in this type of work. 11. Successful completion of a criminal background check and financial background check.
Organizational Name: St. Bridget of Sweden Church
Organizational City: Lindstrom
Position Contact Name: Leon Axtman
Position Contact Title: Parish Business Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651 257 24744 X 24
Submitter Name: Leon Axtman
Submitter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitter Phone: 651 257 2474 XS 24
Deadline: March 1st. 2020
Salary / Range: Dependent on Experience
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplySend Resume and Cover letter to; Leon Axtman Parish Business Administrator St. Bridget of Sweden 13060 Lake Blvd. Lindstrom, MN 55045 Office: 651-257-2474 x 24 Fax: 651-257-1498 email@example.com www.stbridgetofsweden.org
899 total views, 14 today