Full-Time Administrative Assistant
- Communicate effectively on the telephone, take messages and route calls.
- Greet, provide direction, information and assistance to all visitors and parents.
- Perform a wide variety of secretarial work, including typing/word processing, proofreading, filing, recording information, collecting, collating and tracking all required forms and paperwork, processing and distributing of all correspondence.
- Work with the Advancement Director to help with recruitment and marketing.
- Compile information and data to develop and design reports, handbooks and special projects for a variety of sources including state and local reports.
- Manage Sycamore database, attendance, mid-term reports and report cards.
- Manage student transportation.
- Work with Advancement Director to coordinate student registration and re-registration processes.
- Assist teachers with field trips including helping coordinate busing, permission slips and accounting.
- Establish, maintain and insure proper use of confidential files, which include student records.
- Process purchase orders, receipt of goods, check requests, deposits and resolve errors in billing and invoices.
- Process and maintain teacher absence log and process substitute teacher payroll information.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Respond to requests for information and exercise diplomacy in answering questions and resolving situations involving students, staff, parents and the general public with regard to programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform first aid and care for injured/ill students in the absence of school nurse, including the dispensing of medications.
- Operate and maintain office equipment.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees as appropriate.
- Perform necessary duties in the Principal’s absence.
- Act as a liaison between the school and parish offices.
- Assist the Home and School Association as needed.
- Maintain a clean and organized office environment.
Demonstrate ability to:
- Work effectively and collegially with others
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to take direction from the principal and effectively complete new programs, processes and procedures as directed.
- Respect the confidentiality of the students, staff, families and co-workers.
- Exhibit integrity and honesty
- Communicate positively with students, staff and public in a proactive manner.
- Work as a team player with St. Alphonsus Catholic School and Parish faculty and staff.
- Maintain knowledge and support of St. Alphonsus Catholic School and Parish Mission and Philosophy.
- Be active, knowledgeable and supportive of the Catholic faith and witness this to the community.
- Handle the stress of dealing with children’s accidents and emergencies at all times throughout the day.
- Work in a busy and occasionally noisy environment
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Keep track of dates and times of schedules.
- Fulfill total commitments of the educational program and other school activities of the school year.
- Lift, carry and move 40 pounds using proper techniques frequently during the day, which may include lifting children and carrying supplies.
- Walk, stand and sit for periods of time
- Perform job in all outdoor/indoor temperatures and weather conditions.
- Push/pull carts of supplies of up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
Job Qualifications: Bilingual preferred Minimum education and training: High School Diploma or equivalency Preferred education and training: Post Secondary, Associate Arts Degree, Vocation Degree or equivalent Current First Aid and CPR Certification Proficient in Google Suite Can work on Mac or PC Platform Effective communication skills (verbal and written) Able to be confidential in all personnel and student related issues Able to adhere to Archdiocesan Essential 3 guidelines
Organizational Name: St. Alphonsus Catholic School
Organizational City: Brooklyn Center
Position Contact Name: Kari Staples
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 763-561-5101
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyPlease submit letter of interest, resume and 3-4 letters of reference to Kari Staples, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
941 total views, 9 today