Full-Time Activities Director
Little Sisters of the Poor, in Saint Paul, Minnesota is a five star top rated long term care facility. We are currently seeking a qualified Activities Director to join our team!
Essential (E) and Non-Essential/Marginal (M) Duties:
Work closely with Mother Superior, Administrator and Sisters to plan, coordinate and implement Home activities in compliance with recognized standards, federal, state and licensing regulations, Home policies and in the spirit of Jeanne Jugan.
- Develop and implement a variety of activities, outings and events that reflect Residents’ interests and promote the physical, emotional, social and spiritual wellbeing of each Resident.
- Model and support Home policies and procedures.
- Participate in the admission process and Resident care plan development and evaluation.
- Hire, train and supervise Activity Assistants.
- Assist with Resident celebrations and Home events in collaboration with dietary manager.
- Provide transportation for Resident outings using Home vehicles.
- Maintain department tracking logs and compile reports as needed.
- Monitor and inventory program supplies; work with Administrative Assistant regarding purchasing.
- Report changes in Residents’ physical or emotional condition to unit Sister or nurse. Actively participate in department head and other meetings as required.
- Participate in continuing education and in-service programs as required.
- Orient and supervise activity department volunteers.
Skills and Abilities
- Willing to support, promote and model the core philosophy of the Little Sisters of the Poor in the spirit of Jeanne Jugan.
- Spirit of respect and cooperation in order to create a home-like atmosphere conducive to promoting the well being of each resident.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Consistently friendly and professional manner.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong work ethic.
- Effective time management skills.
- Evidence of effective problem resolution skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct meetings
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and appearance.
- Ability to give direction and hold staff accountable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse population.
- Ability to work with minimal direction independently and as a member of a team.
Job Qualifications: High School diploma/GED Current certification with the National Association of Activity Professionals Two years of experience in a social or recreational program Current CPR Class B Driver's license Working knowledge of Point Click Care preferred
Organizational Name: Little Sisters of the Poor
Organizational City: St. Paul
Position Contact Name: Jennifer Doyle
Position Contact Title: HR Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-227-0336
Salary / Range: $21.50 an hour
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
707 total views, 1 today