*To be present and ready to work as needed to meet responsibilities. Includes recognizing when situations require more effort, seeking approval to put in more time if needed, satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner, providing an example of punctuality and attendance, and generally ensuring all is ready and taken care of.
- Record cash receipts, submit backup to PASC for review and posting.
- Schedule and supervise money counters according to Catholic Mutual and Archdiocesan requirements and maintain adequate supplies for them.
- Enter weekly Sunday contribution data. Balance weekly collections with envelopes and plate to deposits.
- Enter electronic contribution data.
- Maintain parishioner files for processing electronic giving.
- Count money for miscellaneous deposits with other staff member.
- Reconcile balance sheet benefit liability accounts with the payroll system on a regular basis (quarterly or monthly).
- Prepare quarterly meter reading allocation reports for all copy machines and postage meter and submit summary to PASC.
- Prepare invoices for approval. Send invoices to PASC for payment.
- Prepare weekly contribution reports for bulletin and Finance Council.
- Assist Business Administrator with budget preparation, Finance Council materials and parish annual report.
- Coordinate Catholic Services Appeal and submit donations to the Archdiocese.
- Submit payment to the Archdiocese and other organizations for special collections.
- Maintain and organize financial records including, but not limited to: payroll, benefits, tax returns, deposits, invoices, donor information and updates, and secure them according to Archdiocesan retention policies.
- Provide Ad Hoc financial reports to staff and parish groups when necessary.
- Identify needed journal entries and include in PASC materials.
- Work with Business Administrator and PASC, providing all relevant documents and information on time as necessary for accurate completion of all financial reports.
- Produce quarterly and annual giving statements for donors.
- Process payroll, including employee updates, hours, benefit deductions, reimbursements and adjustments, according to payroll schedule and legal requirements.
- Submit payroll information to Penserv for retirement plan reporting.
- Review payroll reports provided by payroll service and PenServ, verifying accuracy and completeness. Reports include, but are not limited to, semi-monthly payroll registers, quarterly tax returns, and annual W-2 forms.
- Review 1099-misc information prepared by PASC.
- Prepare employee data reports for the Archdiocese.
- Interface with Paycor and Benefitfocus for benefits administration and other providers as necessary.
- Attend all-staff meetings.
- Assist Business Administrator with related special projects and other duties as assigned.
Includes responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by the supervisor.
Job Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in accounting 3+ years of related experience in a similar organization Knowledge of the Catholic grade school financial operations preferred A basic knowledge of the Fair Labor Standards Act as it relates to payroll Demonstrated proficiency in math, bookkeeping, and accounting requirements and procedures Demonstrated knowledge of payroll procedures including benefits, tax requirements, and reporting. Knowledge payroll processing systems; Paycor preferred Proficient skills in typing, 10-key, MS Word and MS Outlook, and financial and donor data base software e.g. ConnectNow Advanced skill in MS Excel for reporting purposes Demonstrated accuracy Problem-solving skills, including identifying and correcting errors Pass Archdiocesan background checks and complete VIRTUS Proficiently operate a computer, printer and other office equipment
Organizational Name: Presentation of Mary Catholic Church
Organizational City: Maplewood
Position Contact Name: Sue Reinart
Position Contact Title: Parish Business Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-777-8116
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Benefits: Not Included
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyApplication deadline is May 31, 2019. Please email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
238 total views, 5 today