Part-Time – 20-22 hours per week during the school year, approximately 15 hours per week June-August, hours are flexible. This is not a benefit eligible position
Purpose of Position: Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of parish financial accounts and activities including; income, disbursements, bank deposits and invoices according to the generally accepted accounting principles and Archdiocesan and parish policies. Supervise money counters and enter contribution data. Prepare and submit payroll. Prepare all necessary paperwork for Parish Accounting Service Center (PASC).
*Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is preferred that this employee be an active, participating Roman Catholic. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practice of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided.
*To be present and ready to work as needed to meet responsibilities. Includes recognizing when situations require more effort, seeking approval to put in more time if needed, satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner, providing an example of punctuality and attendance, and generally ensuring all is ready and taken care of.
- Record cash receipts, submit backup to PASC for review and posting.
- Schedule and supervise money counters according to Catholic Mutual and Archdiocesan requirements and maintain adequate supplies for them.
- Enter weekly Sunday contribution data. Balance weekly collections with envelopes and plate to deposits.
- Enter electronic contribution data.
- Maintain parishioner files for processing electronic giving.
- Count money for miscellaneous deposits one time per week with Business Administrator.
- Reconcile balance sheet benefit liability accounts with the payroll system on a regular basis (quarterly or monthly).
- Prepare invoices for approval. Send invoices to PASC for payment.
- Prepare weekly contribution reports for bulletin.
- Assist Business Administrator with budget preparation, Finance Council materials and parish annual report.
- Send Catholic Services Appeal donations to the CSA office.
- Submit payment to the Archdiocese and other organizations for special collections.
- Maintain and organize financial records including, but not limited to: payroll, benefits, deposits, invoices, donor information and updates, and secure them according to Archdiocesan retention policies.
- Provide financial reports to parish groups monthly.
- Identify needed journal entries and include in PASC materials.
- Provide PASC all relevant documents and information as necessary for accurate completion of all financial reports.
- Produce annual giving statements for donors.
- Process payroll, including employee updates, hours, benefit deductions, reimbursements and adjustments, according to payroll schedule and legal requirements.
- Submit salary information to payroll aggregator (Penserv) for retirement plan reporting.
- Review payroll reports provided by payroll service and payroll aggregator (PenServ), verifying accuracy and completeness. Reports include, but are not limited to, semi-monthly payroll registers, and annual W-2 forms.
- Review 1099-misc information prepared by PASC.
- Prepare employee data reports for the Archdiocese.
- Interface with Paycor and Benefitfocus for benefits administration and other providers as necessary.
Job Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in accounting 3+ years of related experience in a similar organization Certified payroll professional preferred A basic knowledge of the Fair Labor Standards Act as it relates to payroll Demonstrated proficiency in math, bookkeeping, and accounting requirements and procedures Demonstrated knowledge of payroll procedures including benefits, tax requirements, and reporting Knowledge of Human Resource and payroll processing systems; ADP Workforce Now preferred Proficient skills in typing, 10-key, MS Word and MS Outlook, and financial and donor data base software e.g. ConnectNow Advanced skill in MS Excel for reporting purposes Demonstrated accuracy Problem-solving skills, including identifying and correcting errors Pass Archdiocesan background checks and complete VIRTUS Proficiently operate a computer, printer and other office equipment
Organizational Name: Presentation of Mary Catholic Church
Organizational City: Maplewood
Position Contact Name: Sue Reinart
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-777-8116
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Benefits: Not Included
Setting: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyPlease submit resume, cover letter and reference to Sue Reinart at email@example.com by July 31, 2019.
137 total views, 1 today