Full-Time Academic Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator
Job Purpose: The Academic Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator will serve the youth development and adult Education programs of Centro Guadalupano at Holy Rosary Church. The person in this position is responsible for assisting in the development and coordination of program activities for the Ándale after school and adult English Language Learner (ELL) programs, as well as recruiting and management of volunteers.
- Coordinate and oversee the English Language Learner Program for adults:
- Manage the day-to-day functions for volunteer-led English classes for adults; supervise volunteer tutors; assist in finding substitutes and teach as needed; recruit and place students; and maintain records for reporting purposes.
- Provide coaching and support to volunteer teachers in lesson plan development, instruction and classroom management. Provide support, recommendations, and referrals for volunteers.
- Comply with all ABE accountability requirements; complete intake forms and necessary documents, CASAS or TABE testing for each adult learner, and enter site data into the MABE database.
- Assist learners with computers and other on-site technology.
- Ándale, After School Program
- Assist in developing and implementing after school program activities for youth in grades 2-6, including reading, math, music, and cultural arts.
- Work with the program team to coordinate activities and volunteer schedules, prepare for family presentations, and establish strong connections to families of our students.
- Assist in annual summer camp planning, preparation, and activities.
- Provide administrative support to program that includes tracking student attendance, collecting and analyzing report card data, and other tasks as needed.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Volunteer Coordination
- Recruit volunteers for Centro programs through online sources, print media, and attendance at community/university recruitment events.
- Provide orientation and support training for new volunteers.
- Maintain secure electronic and hard copy volunteer records.
- Serve as liaison between volunteers and program directors.
- Assist with planning and implementing volunteer recognition events
- Other Duties
- Provide administrative support to program directors as needed.
- Assist in seasonal outreach events that benefit participants in the Ándale and ELL Programs.
- Promote programs through social media outlets to increase volunteer and donor participation
- Develop and update website as needed.
Job Qualifications: • Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field, or one or more years of experience in educational program coordination. • Experience developing and leading activities for children in grades 2 - 6. • Experience teaching English Language Learner (ELL) classes for adults strongly preferred. • Experience working with both children and adults required. • Experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers. • Strong oral and written communication skills. • Initiative and follow through on responsibilities. • Ability to speak Spanish preferred. • Availability for occasional weekend events (4 to 5 events each year). • Demonstrate initiative and follow through on program responsibilities. • Computer proficiency, including MS Office programs, internet, email and databases. • As a part of Holy Rosary Church, Centro Guadalupano employees are expected to respect Roman Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese. • Candidates must complete Virtus training, sign a Code of Conduct and pass a background check as required by the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. • Availability for occasional weekend events (4 to 5 events each year). Physical Demands: • Work 40 hours per week. • Walk up and down multiple sets of stairs. • Sit or stand for long periods of time. • Lift up to 15 lbs. (office materials, etc.) using proper techniques.
Organizational Name: Centro Guadalupano at Holy Rosary Church
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Salary / Range: 32,000-34,000
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyPlease sent cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Ginger Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
197 total views, 1 today