Part-Time Extended Day Teacher
Work with Club Saint personnel to develop and implement engaging, developmentally appropriate and educational before and after school, as well as release day programming.
- Support the mission, philosophy and goals of Carondelet Catholic School.
- Understand, support and live the basic teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Faculty Handbook, Parent/Student Handbook, and Club Saint Handbook.
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with a variety of situations.
- Give evidence of physical and mental vigor.
- Provide a welcoming nurturing atmosphere for our children, and work cooperatively with colleagues and school parents.
- Have the ability to react in emergency situations in the classroom, building and school/Church grounds.
- Be present, on time and prepared to meet the needs of students and fulfill the responsibilities assigned.
- Dress to maintain a professional appearance.
- Be available for consultation, phone calls and planning.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and school policy.
- Actively participate in teacher workshop days (as part time schedule allows).
- Keep confidential any matters that require confidentiality.
- Be open to new ideas.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships through effective and timely communication with the
program director, other program personnel, and other building staff members, such as the principal, custodians,
teachers, and food service personnel.
- Work cooperatively and effectively as a team member by communicating and contributing information on a continuous
- Assist the program director in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safe being of all participants.
- Observe, monitor, and participate in children’s play activities.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Efficiently redirect inappropriate student behaviors and implement the program discipline system to effectively monitor
and guide proper student behavior.
- Support the emotional and social development of children.
- Report any concerns and questions regarding the program (students, parents, equipment needs, supplies, other staff,
volunteers, etc.) to the program director.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records, snack records, timesheets, incident reports, and all
other paperwork as instructed by the program director to ensure program compliance and quality operations.
- Help prepare snacks for the children and clean-up the kitchen and snack area.
- Assist in the cleaning and straightening of the room and equipment before, during, and after the program. This includes
washing tables, chairs, and toys, putting up chairs, and locking the building at the end of the day.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Enjoy being with students and foster their spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical development through the
duties outlined above.
- Make certain students are properly supervised during school and school sponsored activities.
- Model/teach proper care of school equipment, materials and facilities.
- Establish and maintain a clean, attractive, and physically and emotionally safe learning space.
- Work with program director to develop, communicate and implement a behavior plan that demonstrates
peaceful and respectful expectations.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the program director.
- Maintain appropriate communication with all members of the school and parish community when necessary.
- Promptly respond to any messages, phone calls and emails.
- Maintain appropriate communication with parents.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Move around the school as needed to assist students.
- Be able to move from one floor to another using stairs.
- Supervise students in the lunchroom, playground, gym and other spaces as needed.
The responsibilities listed are representative responsibilities of a Club Saint Teacher. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. Details are described in supplemental materials.
Job Qualifications: Preferred early childhood/elementary experience Complete a background check and attend a VIRTUS training session prior to employment. Must be willing to complete or already be first aid and CPR and AED certified.
Organizational Name: Carondelet Catholic School
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Mary Yamoah
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: (612) 927-8673
Benefits: Not Included
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyPlease send letter of interest, resume, and 3 references to Principal, Mary Yamoah at email@example.com.
434 total views, 7 today