April 10, 2019
Full-Time Teacher of Technology and Science (Computer Science and Physics) – Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, Minneapolis
Job DescriptionTeacher of Technology and Science (Computer Science and Physics)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guided by the Cristo Rey Network’s standards and benchmarks, develop standards-based, data-driven annual, unit, and lesson plans that drive student-achievement gains on core assessments, including Cristo Rey Network end-of-course assessments.
- Design and administer interim assessments aligned to course standards, complete in-depth analysis of student performance on them, and design appropriate instructional responses to assessment results.
- Implement rigorous, engaging, high-impact lessons that accelerate student growth and differentiate for individual students.
- Provide targeted one-on-one and small-group tutoring to students outside of regular class time.
- Actively build an understanding of each student as an individual in the spirit of cura personalis (care for the whole person).
- Help define, and consistently uphold, school-wide practices, routines, and norms for student behavior including PBIS (positive behavior interventions and support) and High Trust philosophies.
- Maintain a classroom culture that supports student learning.
- Reflect on teaching practices through regular coaching meetings guided by the Danielson Framework for Teaching
- Participate in continued professional development.
- Participate actively in the professional community through collaboration with colleagues in a range of contexts.
- Contribute to the Cristo Rey community outside of classroom responsibilities.
- Partner with the full Cristo Rey community to further the mission as a college preparatory school.
- Model values consistent with Catholic, Jesuit education and service to others.
Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Principal
- Bachelor’s degree with a major, minor, or comparable credential of content expertise in the primary teaching
- Proficiency using technology to advance teaching and learning;
- Competency in designing and implementing curricula to serve a heterogeneous student population diverse in
culture, religion, and ability.
- Commitment to the mission of Cristo Rey Jesuit High School.
- Complete Virtus training, sign a Code of Conduct, and pass a background check.
- Teaching license in the primary teaching discipline
- Training with AP Computer Science Principles or openness to training
- Master's Degree in Education or content area
- Prior successful inner-city high school teaching experience
- Experience with teaching students in need of significant academic support
- Ability to speak another language
- Experience working with English language learners
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues effectively
Institution DescriptionCristo Rey Jesuit High School (CRJHS) is a rapidly growing high school located in the Phillips neighborhood of south Minneapolis. Our mission is to serve and educate under-resourced students and families in the Jesuit tradition as a Catholic, College and Career Preparatory School. CRJHS serves 500 students with 65 employees and a budget of approximately $6.5 million.
CRJHS is part of an expanding national Cristo Rey Network where each student works one day per week in an entry-level corporate job to develop technical and professional skills while earning half the cost of their education. There are currently 32 similar high schools across the country, with additions each year. Collectively, the Network serves over 11,000 students in high school, with over 11,000 graduates in college. The Network goal is for 70% of graduates to achieve a college degree within six years of high school graduation.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease complete our faculty application form at http://www.cristoreytc.org/apps/form/facultyapp.
We look forward to reading your application!
Contact: Erin Healy,
Phone: (612) 545-9700,
2924 4th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
120 total views, 1 today