February 5, 2019
Part-Time Preschool Aid – Our Lady of Peace Catholic School, Minneapolis
Job DescriptionOur Lady of Peace Catholic School is seeking an energetic, nurturing, professional, licensed preschool teacher to join our teaching team as a preschool aid. Our Lady of Peace Preschool is a year-round preschool that is fully integrated into Our Lady of Peace.
The mission of the OLP Preschool is to educate the whole child through play-based education. We are looking for a teacher with a strong understanding of developmentally appropriate early childhood practices and a love of teaching. Our teachers encourage problem solving, creativity and empathy in their classrooms. Faith development is interwoven throughout every aspect of the day. Teachers work collaboratively to continually offer a high-quality preschool experience.
Job Qualifications• Be an active, practicing Catholic who is comfortable sharing their faith.
• Work well as a member of the preschool team
• Participate in community events
• Design and implement a positive learning environment
• Assess individual and group progress and plans lessons accordingly
• Participate in professional development
• Communicate effectively with children, colleagues, families and the community
• Comfortably utilize technology for teaching and communicating
• Be committed to the field of early childhood education
• Be a warm, caring presence to the children
• Have a strong understanding of developmentally appropriate practices
• Have an understanding or a willingness to learn Rule 3
• Bring positive energy and creativity to the classroom
• Model a professional and respectful attitude
• Be an advocate for Catholic School education
Institution DescriptionOur Lady of Peace Catholic School is a caring, collaborative community educating students to be critical thinkers and thoughtful leaders. We nurture the whole child, preschool through eighth grade, with challenging, forward-thinking curriculum, preparing students to respond to Christ’s call to build peace at home, in school, in the community, and in the world.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease send cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation to Paul Berry, Principal at Our Lady of Peace at firstname.lastname@example.org
463 total views, 3 today