March 12, 2019
Piano Accompanist – St. Patrick Catholic Church, Oak Grove
Job DescriptionAre you looking to be part of a thriving and passionate team that’s on fire for Christ and His Church? St. Patrick Catholic Church is a vibrant and welcoming faith community located in a peaceful setting in Oak Grove, MN. Our goal is to meet people where they’re at, build and form authentic disciples, and engage our members in a rich worship experience, community building and outreach ministry.
We are seeking an additional part-time accompanist to work collaboratively with the Director of Worship to support and enhance our worship experience. The successful candidate will share accompanist responsibilities with other musicians, and must be faith-filled with an understanding of Catholic liturgy. The amount of hours are negotiable to fit both the accompanist needs as well as those of St. Patrick's.
• Accompanist for some of the weekend Masses: Saturday 5pm and Sunday 9am and 11am
• Willing to accompany before Mass for brief rehearsals
• Attend rehearsals during the week with various choirs, typically Tuesday and Wednesday evenings
• Accompany for some major solemnities and feast days within the liturgical calendar
• Be available for some funerals and weddings
• Collaborate with the Director of Worship and offer creative ideas to strengthen our music ministry
• Formal music training is required
• High proficiency in piano and able to set tempo, give a clear melody, etc...
• Experience working with volunteer and professional singers/instrumentalists
• Understanding of Catholic Mass and music
• Flexible, punctual, organized and professional
• Strong communication skills and joyful personality
117 total views, 3 today