March 8, 2019
Part-Time Part-time Montessori Aide – St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School, Excelsior
Job DescriptionPart-time, 28.75 hours per week, during the school year from 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Responsibilities: A Montessori Aide will…
1. Meet with the Children’s House Guide weekly to discuss student and environment needs.
2. Understand, share, and accept the responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
3. Direct all parent communication to the Children’s House Guide.
4. Work with catechists to assist in the faith formation of children.
5. Attend and help supervise at school functions during the school day, outside of the school day and/or off campus as required.
6. Help plan, organize, and supervise activities and events that occur during the school day.
7. Work with individuals or small groups of children as directed by the Children’s House Guide or Principal. May be required to substitute as needed.
8. Work with the Children’s House Guide to complete necessary organizational tasks, i.e. birthday celebrations, snack and pantry stocking, and classroom celebrations.
9. Share responsibility for the care and maintenance of classroom materials, dusting and cleaning the environment, refilling supplies, and properly storing all classroom supplies as directed by the Children’s House Guide.
10. Perform light janitorial work in the event of accidents, i.e. spills, bathroom accidents, illness, etc.
11. Make sure the environment is safe per the school’s risk management and emergency plans and in line with governmental and accreditation requirements. Be aware of and help maintain the environment to keep children with allergies safe.
12. Supervise and support children with toileting.
13. Support the school’s mission, purposes, and objectives in a positive manner to parents and outside constituents.
14. Assist the Principal with recruitment efforts including the welcoming of parent and student visitors.
15. Attend assistant meetings, workshops, and professional development opportunities as required by or in consultation with the Principal.
16. Report and document any accidents/incidents and behavior issues and share needed information with the Classroom Guide and/or Principal.
17. Supervise dismissal of half-day Children’s House and daily recess as needed.
18. Do laundry and dishes for the school community.
19. Assist the school community with needs, e.g., covering staff during their breaks, cleaning outside of the Children’s House. Many tasks will fit into this responsibility.
Job QualificationsQualifications: A Montessori Aide shall…
1. Adhere to the mission of St. John the Baptist Catholic School.
2. Be a person of strong character, living by the morals of the Judeo-Christian tradition and the cardinal virtues of prudence, temperance, courage, and justice.
3. Have or build an understanding of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and work with trained catechists in the faith formation of children.
4. Have an understanding of the Montessori philosophy of education.
5. Love God and desire to share their faith with others.
6. Love children and desire to help them in their personal character, virtue, and faith development.
7. Be able to discipline children positively with gentleness, firmness, and consistency.
8. Be able to maintain a positive working relationship with other staff.
9. Be able to maintain strong relationships with parents; characterized by mutual respect, goodwill, and with the understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children.
10. Maintain professionalism in speech, dress, action, and confidentiality.
Institution DescriptionSt. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School is three years old and blessed with highly committed, mission-driven staff and a strong, tightly-knit parent community.
The fullness of the Catholic faith is at the heart of our vibrant culture, and we want well-formed educators willing to lay down their lives for Jesus Christ through our school's mission for the 2019-2020 school year.
Fully Montessori, our students' love of learning and exploration is thriving. With the guidance of our teachers, not only are the students sculpting their own intellects but they are also immersed in faith formation, practical life skills, and social development.
St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School is an exciting place where the Holy Spirit is fulfilling the mission of the Church: the sanctification and salvation of souls!
School Mission: Guided by our Roman Catholic faith, St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School prepares students to live out the Gospel message, achieve academic excellence, and joyfully lead by faith, virtue, and reason.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease send a cover letter and resume to the principal, Nicholas Fonte firstname.lastname@example.org.
118 total views, 2 today