April 12, 2019
Full-Time Middle School English/Language Arts Teacher – Annunciation School, Minneapolis
Job DescriptionAnnunciation School is a vibrant, Catholic school serving students from preschool through 8th grade. We are seeking a qualified, passionate English/Language Arts teacher for middle school. The English/Language Arts teacher works with the classroom teachers and staff to provide strong academic and educational experience to our students.
As an International Baccalaureate World School, Annunciation is looking for teachers who use inquiry instruction and student-focused activities to engage students in meaningful learning activities that meet the needs of a diverse group of students. We are seeking teachers who are faithful, open-minded, life-long learners and bring a global perspective to the learning experience. Collaboration with core teachers and specialists is critical to our success.
Job Qualifications•Possess a love for the Catholic faith and has a strong desire to share the faith with students
• Hold a valid Minnesota Teaching License
• Follow the mission of Annunciation Catholic School
• Create a Christ-like atmosphere in which the needs of the whole child are met
• Prepare and provide ELA lessons with clear instruction and support for all learners
• Utilize multiple instructional techniques and innovative approaches to ensure student success and engagement
• Develop and use instructional material suitable for a wide range of learning styles
• Incorporate technology into instruction and curriculum
• Provide individual and group instruction designed to meet individual needs
• Evaluate academic and social growth of students and keeps appropriate records and assessment data
• Establish and maintain standards of student and classroom management required to achieve effective participation in all activities without interfering with the atmosphere of class
• Possess an ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff
• Is a self-starter with the ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks
• Collaborate with colleagues to ensure student successes
• Provide opportunities for extra tutoring or support for students
• Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development
Institution DescriptionFor 90 years, Annunciation School has served families in Minneapolis, providing a tradition of academic rigor, spiritual enrichment, and leadership development. Today, we continue to serve our parish and broader community, preparing young people for their journey ahead. As we seek to live our mission, we also welcome the opportunities to find new and innovative ways to provide strong, Catholic education for our students and families and be a leader among Catholic schools.
To learn more about the Annunciation community, visit our website at annunciationmsp.org
Application Instructions/CommentsTo apply, email letter of interest, resume, copy of teaching license, and three letters of recommendation to:
Jen Renstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org,
ATTN: Jennifer Cassidy.
Position starts August 2019.
136 total views, 1 today