March 6, 2019
Part-Time Accompanist – St. Peter, Forest Lake
Job DescriptionJob Description: Report to and be supervised by the Director of Music. Enhance the liturgies of the faith community by providing liturgical accompaniment to the assembly and Adult SATB choir on organ and piano in accordance with Catholic tradition.
Accompany the adult SATB choir at a weekly rehearsal September through May.
Rehearse before Masses with the cantor as needed.
Provide accompaniment at 2 weekend Masses, holy days & major feasts at the direction of the Director of Music.
Come organized and prepared for each liturgy and rehearsal.
Job QualificationsJob Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Music or equivalent experience
• Proficient in the playing of the organ and piano in a wide range of liturgical musical styles, especially classical and traditional.
• Must be able to read music and sight-read.
• Experience working with vocal and instrumental individuals and groups.
• Knowledge of the Roman Catholic Liturgy preferred.
• Successfully complete standard Archdiocesan background check.
• Effective written and oral communication skills, knowledge of the English language and proper grammar.
• Ability to follow directions and to work independently.
• Ability to maintain a positive and helpful attitude and use professional work behavior at all times.
• Willingness and ability to learn and demonstrate musical skill as the position demands
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays and holy days as scheduled.
• Must be able to accompany SATB Choir rehearsal on Tuesday evenings, September - May.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, with or without accommodation.
• Ability to sit, stand bend and stoop for long periods of time if required.
• Must be able to climb stairs
Institution DescriptionParish of 1700 families, with a Pre-K through 7th grade school
Community DescriptionA suburban community. Forest Lake is located 25 miles north of downtown St. Paul, MN.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease e-mail Bonnie Wurscher with resume and interest in the position. email@example.com
1048 total views, 3 today