March 12, 2019
Full-Time Junior High Principal – Benilde-St. Margaret’s School, St. Louis Park
Job DescriptionPosition overview:
To serve as chief administrator of the junior high, assuming the overall responsibility of daily operations within the larger framework of BSM School. Support in word and action the mission and philosophy of the school. The following duties are representative, not all-inclusive.
1. Recruit and hire teachers with the approval of the president.
2. Provide new teacher mentoring.
3. Provide faculty supervision, conduct regular faculty meetings.
4. Promote faculty growth and encourage collegiality.
5. Assist the athletic and activities director in hiring moderators for extra-curricular activities such as student council.
1. Lead the implementation of PBIS model.
2. Lead student discipline processes.
3. Create yearly master schedule including teaching assignments.
4. Place students and create individual schedules.
5. Create weekly schedules based on the daily events.
6. Serve on committees as requested.
7. Accountability for junior high budget and purchase approval.
1. Promote curriculum development, integration and use of technology.
2. Assist teachers in staying abreast of current trends.
3. Promote professional growth.
4. Oversee the publication of the junior high Program of Studies.
5. Provide appropriate testing for the junior high students, including ordering, scheduling, interpreting the results with teachers, and notifying parents of the results.
6. Supervise at all-school assemblies and prayer services.
1. Facilitate regular communication among parents/teachers, junior high/senior high, etc.
2. Write a monthly newsletter to the parents.
3. Oversee publication of the junior high student handbook.
4. Schedule and oversee the issuing of grade reports.
5. Oversee orientation for new students.
1. Strong positive verbal and written communication skills.
2. Professional, approachable and friendly.
3. Respectful of others.
4. High level of integrity.
5. Efficient and well organized.
6. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
7. Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
8. Patient and calm demeanor under pressure.
Job Titles Reporting Directly to This Position
Junior High Faculty and Staff Members
Job QualificationsEducation / Experience (Minimum Required)
Must hold an administrative license or have school leadership experience.
Responsibilities to BSM as a Catholic School:
In order to provide leadership consistent with Catholic teaching, the position of Principal at Benilde-St. Margaret’s School is expected to be a practicing Catholic.
Institution DescriptionBenilde-St. Margaret's School is a premier Catholic, college-preparatory school. Located in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, we educate students in grades 7 - 12.
Community DescriptionBSM offers a challenging curriculum and a uniquely caring experience that includes faith formation, academic rigor, social responsibility and extensive extracurricular activities. Students have the opportunity to build a strong foundation for a successful future. BSM thrives in the traditions of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the Christian Brothers and the Benedictines who have all shared in our history and developed our institutional character.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease send resume with cover letter to HR@BSMSchool.org to apply for this position.
187 total views, 3 today