April 5, 2019
Full-Time Full-time Children’s House Guide – St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School, Excelsior
1. Oversee daily operations of the learning environment and maintain the integrity of the room to ensure a clean, orderly, and attractive environment.
2. Help the Principal supervise, train, and evaluate assistants through observation and mentorship.
3. Present lessons and assess children in best Montessori instructional practices.
4. Continue to develop curriculum and Montessori materials to enhance and improve student learning.
5. Maintain all records, reports, evaluations, assessments, and student records as required by the Principal.
6. Report and implement disciplinary actions for inappropriate behavior as noted in the school’s disciplinary policy in St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School Handbook.
7. Understand, share, and accept the responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
8. Ensure archdiocesan, accreditation, and licensing standards are met through the development of materials and lessons to support a safe environment for children.
9. Make sure the environment is safe per the school’s risk management and emergency plans and in line with governmental and accreditation requirements.
10. Participate in the reaccreditation process and maintain all licensing requirements
11. Cooperate with Parish Business Administrator and Principal to adhere to budget and spending guidelines as well as proper procedures for child safety.
12. Work with catechists to assist in the faith formation of children.
13. Attend and help supervise at school functions outside of the school day and/or off campus as required.
14. Support the school’s mission, purposes, and objectives positively to parents and outside constituents.
15. Facilitate conferences, meetings, and communication throughout the school year with parents/guardians.
16. Help coordinate and implement ongoing formation for parents, e.g., parent enrichment nights, open houses, curriculum nights, etc.
17. Plan, organize and supervise co-curricular activities and events during the school day.
18. Assist the Principal with recruitment efforts including the welcoming of parent and student visitors, child intake meetings and interviews, and enrollment consultation.
19. Schedule and coordinate specialist time with Principal and Specialists.
20. Attend weekly staff and guide meetings, workshops, and professional development opportunities as required by or in consultation with the Principal.
The responsibilities listed above are representative responsibilities intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by staff members assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications of the position, and the Principal may assign other duties in accordance with the position. More detailed listings of duties and tasks are outlined in supplemental documents such as the Staff Handbook.
● Spend adequate time for the planning of lessons, preparation of the learning environment, and communication with parent/guardians.
● Be present to supervise children on school contact days from 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
● Guide children in the learning environment from 8:45-3:30 PM except during lunch break and designated preparation times.
● Spend adequate time for providing proper assessment and record keeping of children’s work and proper resetting of the learning environment.
● Commit time to professional development and training toward the achievement of personal and school goals.
1. Adhere to the mission of St. John the Baptist Catholic School.
2. Be a practicing Roman Catholic.
3. Have or build an understanding of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and work with trained catechists in the faith formation of children.
4. Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in the area of Early Childhood, Elementary Education, or Montessori Education. A teaching license is strongly preferred and encouraged.
5. Possess Montessori certification for levels serving.
6. Love God and desire to share their faith with others.
7. Love children and desire to help them in their character, virtue, and faith development.
8. Be able to discipline children positively with gentleness, firmness, and consistency.
9. Be able to maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, respecting and supporting colleagues and using proper procedures for grievances.
10. Be able to maintain strong relationships with parents; characterized by mutual respect, goodwill, and with the understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children.
11. Maintain professionalism in speech, dress, action, and confidentiality.
Institution DescriptionSt. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School is three years old and blessed with highly committed, mission-driven staff and a strong, tightly-knit parent community.
The fullness of the Catholic faith is at the heart of our vibrant culture, and we want well-formed educators willing to lay down their lives for Jesus Christ through our school's mission for the 2019-2020 school year.
Fully Montessori, our students' love of learning and exploration is thriving. With the guidance of our teachers, not only are the students sculpting their own intellects but they are also immersed in faith formation, practical life skills, and social development.
St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School is an exciting place where the Holy Spirit is fulfilling the mission of the Church: the sanctification and salvation of souls!
School Mission: Guided by our Roman Catholic faith, St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School prepares students to live out the Gospel message, achieve academic excellence, and joyfully lead by faith, virtue, and reason.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease send a cover letter and resume to the principal, Nicholas Fonte firstname.lastname@example.org.
164 total views, 1 today