March 20, 2019
Full-Time Facilities Care Coordinator – St. Gerard, Brooklyn Park
Job DescriptionFACILITIES CARE COORDINATOR, CHURCH OF ST. GERARD, BROOKLYN PARK is hiring a Full-time (40hrs/wk) Facilities Care Coordinator. Medical, Dental, 403B and vacation benefits included. This is a position for a self-driven professional who is able to manage multiple projects in a small yet very active staff. Duties include building and grounds maintenance and repair, coordinating with vendors/contractors and volunteers, preventative maintenance program and light general construction when needed. We have a campus with buildings of varying age and construction as well as an attached rectory and extensive grounds.
- Detail oriented, organized and self-driven
- Creative and desire to take ownership of projects
Pre-employment criminal background check and physical prescreening required. Please e-mail resume formatted in a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org (no paper resumes will be accepted.)
1. Three to five years experience in facilities maintenance and repairs including HVAC, plumbing, building safety and grounds.
2. Some Management experience
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Possess oral and written presentation skills.
4. Excellent phone communication abilities and ability to relay messages accurately.
5. Ability to give careful and accurate attention to detail.
6. Ability use computers and other technology to research products, repair techniques, ordering, record keeping, inventory management, etc.
7. Demonstrated skills and interests in this type of work.
8. Successful completion of a criminal background check, pre-employment physical.
1. Confidentiality, integrity and honesty.
2. Maintenance/mechanical skills.
3. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
4. Effective communication skills:
a. Possess a clear understanding of the English language. Able to speak and write effectively.
b. Ability and patience when dealing with others; ability to communicate procedures to others.
c. Phone skills - pleasant, easy to understand, accurate, effective.
d. Ability to keep supervisor and others informed appropriately, and to maintain orderly files and records.
e. Ability to use computers.
5. Collaborative work style with demonstrated ability to interact well with staff colleagues and volunteers.
a. Openness to change; ability to take direction. Possess a positive attitude.
b. Possess strong organizational skills.
c. Self-motivated and self-confident, with an ability to work productively without supervision.
d. Ability to define, process and follow through on responsibilities; possess problem solving skills.
e. Have the ability to deal with difficult situations and to work under pressure, with constant interruptions.
f. Ability to plan, organize and meet deadlines, and to coordinate and implement concurrent tasks.
6. Ability to respond to a difficult situation with balance, maintaining a positive and helpful attitude at all times.
1. Able to stand, sit, bend, kneel and walk for long periods of time.
2. Able to work 40 hours per week.
3. Able to physically and emotionally handle emergency response needs.
4. Lift and move up to 75-100 pounds using proper techniques (ex. tables, desks, etc.)
5. Able to climb stairs, walk and crawl in tight spaces.
6. Able to use lifts and scaffolding at heights of 35 to 45 feet.
7. Able to climb on roof.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease e-mail resume formatted in a PDF file to email@example.com (no paper resumes will be accepted.)
329 total views, 1 today