March 8, 2019
Full-Time Director of Lower School – Visitation School, Mendota Heights
Job DescriptionVisitation School is seeking a Director of Lower School. As the academic leader of the Lower School, the Director supervises the programs of the Lower School assuring the congruence of programming with the other divisions. The Director fosters a positive tone of mutual respect, cooperation, support, spirituality, and attention to individual needs, demonstrating leadership through hiring, evaluation, and professional development. The Director serves as a member of the Head of School’s Administrative Leadership Team.
Job QualificationsThe ideal candidate for this role:
• Will set a positive tone of mutual respect, cooperation, spirituality and attention to individual needs.
• Through leadership in hiring, evaluation, and professional development, will assure the highest quality of faculty instruction and professionalism.
• Is a lifelong learner who is passionate about the educational experiences of young children.
• Has demonstrated success as an educator with Lower School students.
• Possesses a strong grasp of current instructional practices, curricular trends, and pedagogy within lower school education.
• Enjoys and has demonstrated success working with students, families and colleagues in an independent school.
• Has a strong desire to contribute actively to a community where students are known, loved, and challenged, and excited to embrace the Visitation mission.
• Can demonstrate and model the philosophies and spirit of Visitation School. “Salesian Spirituality” reflects gentle strength, dignity, patience and Christian humanism.
Preference will be given to candidates that possess teaching, administrative and curriculum development experience; an advanced degree; and have effective communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in an independent school is preferred.
Institution DescriptionVisitation School is an independent Catholic day school serving a coed Lower School (Montessori preschool through grade 5), an all-girls Middle School (grades 6-8), and an all-girls Upper School (grades 9-12). A member of NAIS and accredited by ISACS, we are located on a beautiful 60-acre campus in Mendota Heights, Minnesota.
Application Instructions/CommentsQualified candidates are asked to send a letter of interest and resume, including three references to email@example.com. Visitation School is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
271 total views, 2 today