March 27, 2019
Full-Time Director of High School Youth Ministry and Confirmation – St. Michael Catholic Church, Prior Lake
Job DescriptionThe Director of High School Youth Ministry and Confirmation plans and implements catechetical, pastoral formation, and service programs for parish youth in Grades 9-12 and oversees the Confirmation program for students in Grades 9 & 10. Duties include:
A. Coordinate Confirmation program for students in grades 9 and 10
B. Plan separate programs of spiritual formation for students in Grades 9-12
C. Provide service activities for youth in Grades 9-12 that reflect Catholic social teaching
D. Plan and supervise youth ministry events for Grades 9-12
E. Coordinate and lead the music for the Sunday evening Teen Mass
F. Develop and implement an intentional outreach effort directed toward uninvolved and unchurched youth
G. Plan and supervise young adult ministry events
A full job description is available upon request in writing.
Job Qualifications1. Active, participating Catholic in good standing with the Church
2. Educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree in theology (Master’s preferred).
3. Three years or more experience in the field of Faith Formation
4. Education/training in theology, especially Church moral and social justice teachings.
5. Understanding and appreciation of the value of the Roman Catholic sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Holy Eucharist, Confirmation, Anointing of the Sick, Matrimony and Holy Orders.
6. Personnel Management training and skills – for paid and volunteer personnel. Ability to work with various staff and to coordinate a potentially large and diverse group of volunteers.
7. Competence in age appropriate instructional methods and knowledge of subject matters being taught.
8. Leadership skills and experience working with groups and Boards.
9. Experience in technology management and familiarity with computer programs and software.
10. Demonstrated skills working with teens and young adults.
Institution DescriptionSt. Michael Catholic Church in Prior Lake is a parish with 2700 families. It has a long history of an active, vibrant youth ministry program. Our Confirmation classes typically are made up of about 130 youth, and high school juniors and seniors stay very involved in parish life. We are seeking to expand our outreach to college-aged youth and young adults in general.
Community DescriptionPrior Lake is a quickly growing community located on the SW edge of suburban growth about 25 miles from downtown Minneapolis. We value all of our families from those who have lived in northern Scott County for several generations to those new to the area and everyone between.
Application Instructions/CommentsWRITTEN APPLICATIONS ONLY. Please no phone calls at this time. Applications can be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com or by mail: Deacon Terry Beer, St. Michael Catholic Church, 16311 Duluth Ave SE, Prior Lake, MN 55372.
353 total views, 1 today