March 11, 2019
Full-Time Director of Formation: Elementary – All Saints Catholic Church and School, Lakeville
Job DescriptionPosition is Full-time, 40+ hours per week, for 10 or 11 months. The schedule is flexible based on parish needs, with some Sundays, evenings and weekends expected.
Supports the mission of parish and the vision of the pastor and parish leadership by providing organization and leadership of the elementary formation programs, including preparation for First Reconciliation and Eucharist. The person in this position welcomes an opportunity to approach catechesis with creativity and through relationships. He/she also desires to work in a highly collaborative environment to provide opportunities for formation to all who seek to know Jesus.
1. Catechetical Functions
a) Plan and implement sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation and Eucharist.
b) Design and implement program of catechesis for children in grades 1-5 that align with parish core principles and national catechetical standards including students with special needs.
c) Recruit, train. and schedule a catechetical team to meet the Archdiocesan requirements for youth safety catechesis from grades K to 10.
d) In collaboration with mission partners and worship staff provide Children’s Liturgy of the Word at three Masses most weekends. This includes recruiting and training mission partners and being a leader at 3 to 4 liturgies per month.
e) Provide supervision, formation, guidance and affirmation of catechists in assigned formation program.
f) Work with catechists and parents in supporting student discipline expectations.
g) Collaborate with other program directors to provide support and formation to parishioners serving in other parish programs (i.e. adult, liturgy, youth ministry)
h) Emphasize the parish’s vision through programs and events recognizing the ongoing need to foster evangelization, prayer and sacraments, catechesis, and discipleship.
i) Communicate with both catechetical leaders and families on a regular basis through a variety of communication mediums.
2. Management Functions
a) Oversees administrative needs of the sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
b) Provides relevant and timely communication to families and parishioners concerning all formation programs.
c) Ensures that all catechists have completed VIRTUS training, background check and have a current Code of Conduct form on file.
3. Parish and Community Functions
a. Serves as an example of Catholic faith to parents, children and catechists.
b. Facilitates the development of spiritual growth for students, catechists and parents through appropriate prayer, liturgy, service and celebration.
c. Collaborates with Parish Program Directors regarding sacramental preparation, curriculum, resources, and shared celebrations.
d. Attends commission and other committee meetings as needed or requested by supervisor or pastor.
e. Actively participates in parish and staff activities as appropriate and in professional enrichment and continuing education programs.
f. Attends workshops, classes, and seminars applicable to the ministry. Maintains membership in professional organizations appropriate to the position.
1. Demonstrate understanding and acceptance of Catholic doctrine.
2. BA degree in religious Education or Education or equivalent.
3. Formation and certification in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level I & II a plus. Certification required by 2021.
4. Experience working with adults.
5. Experience working with mission partners/volunteers.
6. Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and an acceptable credit report.
1. Ability to adapt to change
2. Dependability, confidentiality, integrity, and honesty
3. Ability to develop a productive working relationship with supervisor and pastor
4. Demonstrated ability to work well with others
5. Understanding of the parish culture and ability to adjust actions to fit that culture
6. Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work alone without supervision, obtaining direction when needed
7. Ability to work under pressure and with constant interruptions
8. High level of organizational skills
9. Strong communication skills
10. Ability to follow all guidelines of the parish Personnel Policy Handbook
11. Ability to be pleasant and ministry-oriented even when exposed to negative influences
1. Work 40 or more hours per week
2. Lift and move using proper techniques up to 15 pounds
Institution DescriptionAll Saints Catholic Church and School
Community DescriptionLakeville, MN
Application Instructions/CommentsIf interested in applying for this position, please email resume and cover letter to Loma Ince at firstname.lastname@example.org. References upon request.
234 total views, 2 today