February 21, 2019
Full-Time Director of Facilities and Maintenance – St. Edward, Bloomington
Job DescriptionThe primary responsibility of the Director of Facilities and Maintenance at the Church of St. Edward’s is to oversee and supervise all aspects of maintenance, cleaning and repair of structures, support equipment and grounds and to insure a safe, efficient facilities and grounds. Participate as needed in all parish events and activities; assist staff and volunteers for space and equipment needs performed within the guidelines of the parish mission statement.
• Perform the maintenance and monitoring of the physical plant
• Oversee and participate in the maintenance of the grounds
• Perform equipment maintenance
• Supervise custodial staff and contracted maintenance.
• Develop and monitor budgets for Buildings and Grounds operations and projects.
• Maintain facility security
• Maintain building inventory
• Work with vendors to secure the best prices for product and services
Job Qualifications• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Possess a First Class C boiler license.
• Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, mechanical, and HVAC principles.
• Working knowledge of pneumatic and building automation systems a plus.
• Knowledge of safe operating and maintenance of cleaning machines, such as vacuums and floor scrubbers, etc.
• Knowledge of cleaning materials, chemicals and safe use of all materials.
• Possess problem solving skills, be self-motivated and be able to work alone.
• Possess knowledge of computers, internet, software, Microsoft Office.
• Possess a high level of organization.
• Possess strong communication skills and work ethic.
• To be a team player.
Institution DescriptionThe Church of St. Edward includes more than 1,300 households—singles, couples, families at all life stages. Established in 1967 to meet the needs of the growing city of Bloomington and the new residents moving into new neighborhoods we are known in our community for our hospitality, rich liturgies and great music. and commitment to social justice and outreach. Hundreds of volunteers share their time, talent and treasure with us in ministries that assist our parish and the broader community.
Candidates may refer to www.stedwardschurch.org for more information about the parish.
Community DescriptionThe 85,000 people who call Bloomington home know that this city is a great place to live, work and play. Bloomington is located in southern Hennepin County. The southern and eastern portion of Bloomington is bordered by the Minnesota River and cities of Savage, Burnsville and Eagan. From west to east, the cities of Edina and Richfield and the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport form the northern border of the city, Eden Prairie lies to the west.
Application Instructions/CommentsQualified candidates should email their letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
556 total views, 3 today