February 28, 2019
Director of Extended Day – Holy Spirit School, St. Paul
Job DescriptionLeads Holy Spirit’s Extended Day Program by:
• Developing and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children by following
health and safety guidelines and procedures.
• Developing an environment, curriculum and daily schedule that allows children to
experience positive interactions and experiences.
• Teaches and encourage the development of appropriate values and social skills for
children through planned curriculum, modeling and positive reinforcement.
• Plans, organizes and supervises age-appropriate field trips and special events.
• Communicating effectively with staff, school personnel, parents & children.
• Maintaining accurate attendance records, permission forms, time cards, and other
business forms as needed.
• Hiring and providing ongoing supervision to extended day staff.
• Planning and purchasing healthy snacks
• Working with the business office to monitor monthly fees and payments
• Working with the principal around discipline issues, budget planning, and fee
Job QualificationsThe ideal candidate:
• Is a person of faith who is able to integrate Catholic values into the ongoing
experiences of children.
• Has excellent interpersonal and written communication.
• Possesses basic computer skills & experience.
• Has a clear understanding of child development, child guidance, and recreational
• Has a Bachelor’s Degree in education, child development, recreational
programming, or other related field.
• Has at least one year experience in a supervisory position
• Has current certification in First Aid and child CPR
• Works collaboratively with staff, parents & students
• Is supportive and honors confidentiality
• Is a team player
• Manages multiple responsibilities
• Able to prioritize work and delegate responsibilities
• Able to assist in the resolution of conflicts or problem solving.
Institution DescriptionHoly Spirit Catholic School is located in the Highland Park/Macalester Groveland area of St. Paul. A vibrant parish and school community, Holy Spirit’s extended day program is in session on all school days, most non-school days, and during the summer months. This position is available immediately Hours during the school year are: 6:30-8:00 AM and 2:50-6:30 PM. Non-school day and summer hours are 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
Application Instructions/CommentsInterested candidates are invited to submit a resume, letter of interest, and references to:
Dr. Mary Adrian, Principal,
Holy Spirit School,
St. Paul, MN 55116.
199 total views, 3 today