March 20, 2019
Part-Time Custodian – St. Gerard, Brooklyn Park
Job DescriptionCUSTODIAN, CHURCH OF ST. GERARD, BROOKLYN PARK. Part-time up to 20 hrs./wk. Custodian is responsible for room setups and cleaning in a very active parish. They will also assist the Facilities Care Coordinator as needed. Must have a great self-driven work ethic, people skills and be someone who takes pride and ownership in the appearance of the campus. Due to the nature of our facilities use, there will be a need for cleaning/setups on weekends and evenings as required. This position is a GREAT part-time flexible hours opportunity. We may also consider evening or early morning hours making it a very flexible position for the right candidate seeking part-time or even supplemental employment.
Successful candidate will possess strong organizational and communication skills, and willingness to be part of a collaborative team environment. Experience in janitorial or cleaning work a plus and ability to be a face of the parish to our volunteers.
1. Three to five years experience in facilities maintenance and cleaning techniques.
2. Some Coordinator experience.
3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Possess oral and written presentation skills.
4. Excellent phone communication abilities and ability to relay messages accurately.
5. Ability to give careful and accurate attention to detail.
6. Ability use computers and other technology to research products, repair techniques, ordering, record keeping, inventory management, etc.
7. Demonstrated skills and interests in this type of work.
8. Successful completion of a criminal background check, pre-employment physical.
1. Confidentiality, integrity and honesty.
2. Cleaning and maintenance/mechanical skills.
3. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
4. Effective communication skills:
a. Possess a clear understanding of the English language. Able to speak and write effectively.
b. Ability and patience when dealing with others; ability to communicate processes and procedures to others.
c. Phone skills - pleasant, easy to understand, accurate, effective.
d. Ability to keep supervisor and others informed appropriately, and to maintain orderly files and records.
e. Ability to use computers.
5. Collaborative work style with demonstrated ability to interact well with staff colleagues and volunteers.
a. Openness to change; ability to take direction. Possess a positive attitude.
b. Possess strong organizational skills.
c. Self-motivated and self-confident, with an ability to work productively without supervision.
d. Ability to define, process and follow through on responsibilities; possess problem solving skills.
e. Have the ability to deal with difficult situations and to work under pressure, with constant interruptions.
f. Ability to plan, organize and meet deadlines, and to coordinate and implement concurrent tasks.
6. Ability to respond to a difficult situation with balance, maintaining a positive and helpful attitude at all times.
1. Able to stand, sit, and walk for long periods of time.
2. Able to work 20 or more hours per week.
3. Able to physically and emotionally handle emergency response needs.
4. Lift and move up to 75-100 pounds using proper techniques (e.g. tables, desks, etc.)
5. Able to climb stairs.
6. Able to clean bodily fluids with experience and utilizing correct procedures.
Application Instructions/CommentsApplication in writing only via e-mail to:
286 total views, 1 today