February 28, 2019
Full-Time Corporate Work Study Client Relations Manager – Cristo Rey Jesuit High School, Minneapolis
Job DescriptionPrimary Functions: The Corporate Work Study Program Client Relations Manager manages certain assigned relationships between the school, corporate partners, students and families and assists in the coordination, support and operation of the transformative Corporate Work Study Program.
Goals for the Corporate Work Study Program (responsible person):
1. 90% of student jobs will be paid or underwritten annually (President-New; Director-Existing)
2. 95% Retention of Jobs/98% Retention of Corporate Partners (Director)
3. 95% Annual Retention of Students from October 1 to October 1. (Principal &Director)
1. Coach students to be successful in the work place.
2. Meet individually with students at their worksite to ensure students are in a safe work environment, to address any work place issues, to motivate them to give their full potential to the job and record these conversations in student database.
3. Prepare, distribute, collect and analyze student and sponsor survey feedback – sponsor averages, student averages, year to year performance comparison.
4. Coordinate holiday and summer work addendums for students and employers.
5. Address and enforce all school policies.
6. Assist with CWSP efforts to involve families including updates on work performance, attending family meetings, and coordinating CWSP presence at conferences.
7. Assist with the implementation of the 4-year CWSP curriculum through the development of lesson plans and ensuring student learning of CWSP standards during Summer Bridge, Morning Assembly, Structured Study and 9th Period.
8. Assist with planning and execution of the Summer Bridge Program to prepare all new students to be successful at work.
9. Collaborate to track student behavior, attendance and work effort and grade students accordingly.
10. Re-train and coach any of the students that are fired or not performing to expectations at their job.
11. Coordinate support for student illness or emergency while at work.
12. Provide safety training for all students under the age of 16 in compliance with Department of Labor requirements
Corporate Partners Relations:
1. Responsible for building a relationship and maintaining regular contact with CWSP partners and student supervisors in regards to student performance and supervisor needs.
2. Coordinate primary contact functions including updating databases, regular phone calls and emails, corporate site visits, and student work performance evaluations.
3. Create and provide tools and training to help supervisors foster continued student development at work.
4. Manage email database for all site supervisors and communicate regular bulletins/newsletters.
5. Assist in other partner related activities such as recruitment and retention, Supervisor Orientations, Supervisors Luncheons, and Supervisor Seminars.
1. Participate as a representative of CWSP at a grade level, an academic team meeting or another committee.
2. Foster relationships with faculty and staff.
3. Other duties as assigned by CWSP Director.
4. Support transportation of students to and from work as needed for emergencies.
5. Prepare I-9, W-4 forms, and work permits for students.
6. Assist in planning and execution of Employee Sessions and other special events with Corporate Work Study Team
• Bachelor’s degree
• Microsoft Office Suite, with particular emphasis on Excel and Outlook
• Experience working in a corporate environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of business etiquette
• Flexibility in work schedule to include some evening and weekend work
• Ability to drive with a good driving record
• Experience working in an urban school
• Understanding of Catholic Education
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse workforce
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation
Institution DescriptionCristo Rey Jesuit High School (CRJHS) is a rapidly growing high school located in the Phillips neighborhood of south Minneapolis. Our mission is to serve and educate under-resourced students and families in the Jesuit tradition as a Catholic, College and Career Preparatory School. CRJHS serves 500 students with 65 employees and a budget of approximately $6.5 million.
CRJHS is part of an expanding national Cristo Rey Network where each student works one day per week in an entry-level corporate job to develop technical and professional skills while earning half the cost of their education. There are currently 32 similar high schools across the country, with additions each year. Collectively, the Network serves over 11,000 students in high school, with over 11,000 graduates in college. The Network goal is for 70% of graduates to achieve a college degree within six years of high school graduation.
Community DescriptionCRJHS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Application Instructions/CommentsSalary commensurate with experience. Benefit package includes: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k, and generous paid time off and holidays.
This position requires interaction with faculty, staff, students and visitors.
To apply: send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by email to Kesiah Kolbow, Director Corporate Work Study at firstname.lastname@example.org
287 total views, 2 today