April 5, 2019
Full-Time Coordinator for Children & Youth Ministries – The Basilica of St. Mary, Minneapolis
Job DescriptionPosition will support the vision, mission and values of the Basilica of Saint Mary by developing, coordinating and implementing children’s and youth learning and sacramental programs within the parish community. This includes the support and integration of Nursery formation, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, and catechetical programs for Grades K-10, and Basilica YES service program for grades 11&12. Work in a collaborative environment with Liturgy and Sacred Arts and Christian Life ministry to integrate faith formation and learning with biblical stewardship and experiential opportunities in those ministries.
Job QualificationsPOSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
• Preferably Master’s degree in Theology and/or Education.
• Three years experience in faith formation and sacramental programs for children/youth in a parish setting and familiarity with Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
• Ability to engage with children, family and volunteers.
• Working knowledge of the foundations of quality catechesis that is promoted in the various programs.
• Good written and oral presentation skills and ability to relate well with volunteers and parents.
• Be a practicing Catholic and have solid knowledge in Catholic theology and faith formation and education.
• Ability to pass a background check and complete the 3 essentials.
• Strong leadership, teaching and management skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand, explain, and teach the Catholic Faith and doctrine and practice and an understanding of sacramental theology..
• Ability to practice and articulate one’s personal Catholic faith.
• Ability to engage and collaborate with a wide spectrum of parishioners and volunteers with
enthusiasm, sensitivity and compassion.
• Ability to engage with staff with genuine respect, cooperation, and collaboration.
• Ability to implement age appropriate instructional materials and methods of teaching.
Community DescriptionThe Basilica of St. Mary is a dynamic, vibrant, diverse community rooted in the Gospel, dedicated to social justice, beautiful liturgy, and engagement with the arts.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease email cover letter and resume to Audra Johnson, Director of HR & Finance, email@example.com
296 total views, 1 today