March 22, 2019
Full-Time Communications Director – Saint Thomas More, St. Paul
Job DescriptionJob Description
The Communication Director is responsible for developing all communications and marketing materials in print and digital formats to promote the mission and vision of Saint Thomas More Catholic Community, located at 1079 Summit Avenue in St. Paul, MN (the Jesuit Parish of the Twin Cities).
*Duties and Responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with the office manager, pastoral staff, school development staff, and the Stewardship Committee to provide support for parish marketing and stewardship efforts
• Design and write copy for print and digital communications including but not limited to: booklets, brochures, bulletins, cards, flyers, forms, letters, posters, signs, social media, website, wedding programs, weekly E-news (digital newsletter) worship aids, and other documents as needed
• Actively seek out relevant information, media and current news to include in the weekly E-news (digital newsletter)
• Maintain and oversee the parish website, including the production of compelling up-to-date content, maintaining and updating its photo gallery, populating the calendar, uploading media, creating online forms, and ensuring the integrity of links
• Manage and maintain consistent and engaging social media presence, including Instagram and Facebook, with an eye toward expansion to Twitter and video (YouTube or Vimeo)
• Manage and maintain an expansive base of photographs, graphic images, and other digital media
• Maintain and oversee placement of items on church bulletin boards, community spaces, and relevant promotions to the parish school
• Maintain and update parishioner database and provide data to the office manager and Stewardship Committee as requested
• Manage new parishioner registration, welcome communications and mailings
• Oversee parish mailings and bulk mailing process, including scheduling of volunteers,procuring postage and ensuring permits are current and postage accounts are replenished
• Work with the office manager to evaluate and manage software and hardware; ensure parish technology is appropriate and up-to-date
• Assist community with maintaining fiscal responsibility related to communications
• Attend staff meetings
• Report directly to the pastor and meet regularly, or on an as needed basis re communications
• Provide office support for ongoing and occasional projects involving communications
• Oversee scheduling of communications and stewardship events on master parish calendar
• Establish and lead a team of photographers, writers, editors, designers, and other support volunteers
Job Qualifications• Be an active participating member of the Roman Catholic Church
• 2-3 years of experience in marketing and communications
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products and content management systems
• Strong writing and editing skills with a knowledge of copyright laws
• Proficiency with website management, including some knowledge of coding
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat (knowledge of Illustrator and InDesign a plus)
• Strong creative and graphic design skills
• Video editing experience is a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a wide range of people of different ages, backgrounds, and cultures
• Motivated to explore and apply new/improved ways of marketing and communications through research and when applicable, the use of new technology
Institution DescriptionSaint Thomas More Catholic Community, founded on January 1, 2008, is the union of two Catholic parishes on Summit Avenue. They were the Church of Saint Luke (1888) and the Immaculate Heart of Mary (1949). Our rich heritage from these two communities has blessed us with over 125 years of Catholic worship, community, and ministry in this historic section of Saint Paul.
Community Description*Our Mission:
Rooted in the Gospels and formed by Ignatian spirituality, the mission of the Catholic Community of Saint Thomas More is to glorify God by our lives.
Saint Thomas More is the Jesuit parish of the Twin Cities. We are a community where all are welcome. Nourished by the Word and the Eucharist, we proclaim the Good News and help each other grow closer to Christ. We are called to act justly, to love mercy, and to build the City of God here and now.
*Our Parish School:
Saint Thomas More Catholic School (preschool – 8th grade) was also created in 2008 by the merger of the two parishes. While the school is “new,” their 100-plus year commitment to high quality education remains firmly in place.
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease send your cover letter, resume, and references to our Pastor, Fr. Warren Sazama, S.J.
Mail: Saint Thomas More Church, 1079 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55105-3004
699 total views, 1 today