April 9, 2019
Full-Time Communications Coordinator – Church of the Holy Cross, Minneapolis
Job DescriptionCOMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Church of the Holy Cross
1621 University Ave. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
Opening for a full-time Communications Coordinator at the Church of the Holy Cross parish serving the campuses of Holy Cross, St. Clement, and St. Hedwig in Northeast Minnesota. We offer a supportive, team-based, ministry environment, a competitive wage, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Purpose of Position:
The Communications Coordinator has the responsibility for creating and delivering the Holy Cross Parish comprehensive communications strategy. This position facilitates all parish-wide communications and is the principle contact database manager. Working in collaboration with other professional staff, various parishioner committees, the Pastoral Council and the Pastor, the Communications Coordinator works to promote ministries, programs and events to the parish, the diocese, and the wider community through a variety of communications channels, print and electronic. The Communications Coordinator is an integral part of the Church’s mission of evangelization by helping to plan, develop and promote parish evangelization efforts.
• Develop and manage a comprehensive communications plan for the parish
• Manage all regular parish-wide communications, both printed and electronic
• Manage the parish’s contact database (ParishSOFT FamilySuite)
• Recommend a strategy to increase the parish’s visibility within the community
• Work with other staff and the Pastoral Council to communicate the Parish Pastoral Plan and mission
• Prepare and manage a communications budget
• Maintain the parish’s digital presence through the website and social media
• Support parish committees and events with the creation of print and electronic communication
• Manage local and diocesan media relations
• Supervise volunteers assisting with print media and the website.
• Other responsibilities as needed
• Bachelor degree required, preferably in a related discipline
• 3-5 years of parish work
• Proven ability to lead a team and work in a cohesive environment.
• Understanding of the Catholic Faith, rituals, calendar, practices, preferred.
• Possess knowledge of Catholic Faith and exhibit respect for the Holy Cross Parish.
• Successfully complete required background checks and safe environment training.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
• Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgement, and communicate well orally and in writing
• Must be flexible with work schedule and to work for longer periods of time when position demands.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, photo editing, and willingness to learn new software and programs
• Standard office sitting, lifting, standing and typing
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease forward your resume for immediate consideration for this position to:
Director of Operations,
Holy Cross Catholic Church,
1621 University Ave NE,
Minneapolis, MN 55413.
279 total views, 1 today