March 1, 2019
Part-Time Choral Director – St. Stephen, Anoka
Job DescriptionSt. Stephen’s is seeking to fill a Part Time Choral Director position
St. Stephen’s currently has six Masses a week, using multiple choirs.
The current Mass times are Wednesday at 8:00 a.m.; Saturday at 5:00 p.m.; and Sunday at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
The current rehearsal schedule includes rehearsals on Tuesday and Wednesday nights (may be able to adjust those days, depending on Director’s availability).
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Plan and implement weekly rehearsals
• Provide positive and inspiring choral experience for choir members
• Choir member recruitment
• Meet regularly with Music Director
• Communicate rehearsal schedule and Mass schedule to the choral ensembles
• Purchase music and maintain choral library
• Optional, conduct hand bell choir
The responsibilities listed above are representative responsibilities intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required of the position.
Job QualificationsDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Master’s Degree in Choral Conducting
Experience in working with church choirs
Knowledge of Catholic liturgy
Application Instructions/CommentsPlease submit cover letter and resume to Jay Gish, email@example.com, and Dr. Mary Newton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
258 total views, 3 today